Covid Refund Policy for Summer 2022

aroy11462

Hello,

My final payment for a Greek Isles cruise this summer is due in a few days and I want to make sure I understand the Covid refund policy.  

Can anyone confirm  if the Covid policy for summer of 2022 still  allows for a refund in you have to cancel due to getting Covid.  Also do you still get a pro-rated refund if you or any family member were to get Covid during the cruise and you had to quarantine on board?  I found this info on the Royal Caribbean post April, 2022 at link below  web site, but not on the Celebrity web site.  On the Celebrity site (see 2nd link) it does not clarify post April 30,2022

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Thanks,

Edited by aroy11462
typo

Thank You - Hopefully something is announced soon.  My final payment is due April 26.  I want to go on the cruise, but don't want the risk of of not getting any refunds if someone in our family  were to get Covid.  

Without the extension it’s either take the risk, obtain Covid insurance which is around a $1,000 or so for good coverage or cancel the trip. It’s gettin late to announce an extension of Covid assistance policy.. My FP is 5/10 at 5:00 pm. I’ll wait to the last day to decide. Without the extension it’s 50-50 for me.

Edited by Virginia100

Yes Cruise with Confidence doesn’t really help for pre cruise testing. For my Saturday Rome departure I need to test on Friday currently and in the US it would be Thursday. In order to be compensated with CWC you need to cancel by Wednesday…I hope Celebrity extends their COVID assistance policy past 4/30/22.

• Like 1

I'm confident they will extend the Covid 19 refund policy. Up until now it has been exactly the same as Royal. Royal has already extended the policy through April 2023. It would be nonsensical for Celebrity not to extend it as well. Especially given that the testing requirement is done within 48 hours of embarkment yet one can only cancel prior to 48 hours using the cruise with confidence program. Only sensible solution would be to either extend the refund policy as Royal did or amend the cruise with confidence program to 24 hours cancellation before cruise date. 

• Like 1

My suggestion is for as many people as possible to email llutoff-perlo at celebritycruises dot com

to voice your concern.  I did that yesterday and received a phone call this morning from someone (working from home in Wichita, KS) who said that Lisa Lutoff-Perlo asked her to call... she said that there is not a decision yet, but that I can rest assured that Celebrity will take care of their customers.

Take that with a grain of salt, but no matter how many times I questioned, this woman said don't worry.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

My suggestion is for as many people as possible to email llutoff-perlo at celebritycruises dot com

to voice your concern.  I did that yesterday and received a phone call this morning from someone (working from home in Wichita, KS) who said that Lisa Lutoff-Perlo asked her to call... she said that there is not a decision yet, but that I can rest assured that Celebrity will take care of their customers.

Take that with a grain of salt, but no matter how many times I questioned, this woman said don't worry.  

I sent an email earlier today. I have been loyal to Celebrity since 2013 exclusively. I have never sent an email to her office until this year and this is my second time. We fly from Canada April 30 to San Diego so test in Canada April 29 for our flight. Have a test booked May 1 in San Diego for our May 3 sailing. May 1 is of course past the current policy of April 30. 

26 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

I sent an email earlier today. I have been loyal to Celebrity since 2013 exclusively. I have never sent an email to her office until this year and this is my second time. We fly from Canada April 30 to San Diego so test in Canada April 29 for our flight. Have a test booked May 1 in San Diego for our May 3 sailing. May 1 is of course past the current policy of April 30. 

We are on the same sailing but we live in San Diego. Still a lot of money to lose if we test positive on Sunday 5/1. I have not emailed before either… this is a pretty big deal that they are waiting til the last minute to address if they are, in fact, going to extend the policy. 

• Like 3

First let me say I firmly believe they have to extend the policy of issuing at least a FCC if not a refund if you test positive prior to boarding as long as they require testing.

This is a serious question.  If this is such a big issue for some people now why did you make final payment for a May/June sailing when the policy was set to expire on 4/30?

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

First let me say I firmly believe they have to extend the policy of issuing at least a FCC if not a refund if you test positive prior to boarding as long as they require testing.

This is a serious question.  If this is such a big issue for some people now why did you make final payment for a May/June sailing when the policy was set to expire on 4/30?

I tried the email above for the Celebrity CEO , doesn’t work now ! And yes my FP is 5/10. No extension of any kind I cancel 5/9. You don’t buy a car without a manufacturers warranty, I don’t go on a cruise in Europe with no vendor protection.

55 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I tried the email above for the Celebrity CEO , doesn’t work now ! And yes my FP is 5/10. No extension of any kind I cancel 5/9. You don’t buy a car without a manufacturers warranty, I don’t go on a cruise in Europe with no vendor protection.

I do not blame you at all, but Celebrity does understand what's at stake, so within the next few days, we will hear about the extension.  Until then, if you have to make final payment, it is your call, your money and your choice...

Edited by Lastdance

3 hours ago, twincheryl said:

We are on the same sailing but we live in San Diego. Still a lot of money to lose if we test positive on Sunday 5/1. I have not emailed before either… this is a pretty big deal that they are waiting til the last minute to address if they are, in fact, going to extend the policy. 

I received a call today similar to yours. Assuring me that Celebrity will look after us and that they are in the process of finalizing. Will look forward to published extended policy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:If this is such a big issue for some people now why did you make final payment for a May/June sailing when the policy was set to expire on 4/30?

There are lots of reasons, but I suspect that there are more than just a few of us with “lift and shift” cruises that were already fully paid and cancelled during the Covid shutdown.  Ours is from the days of “4 perks” that seems a long time ago… lol

Yes I have lots of concern over our 14 May Apex Cruise.... purchased insurance but not convinced of its COVID coverage....May have to exercise the 48 hr cancel policy as We will be in Amsterdam 4 days prior to sailing.

I too am counting on the Celebrity COVID coverage being extended!

Get on it Celebrity 👍

4 hours ago, twincheryl said:

to voice your concern.

Thank You.I just sent an email and it did not bounce back.  I hope to hear back from someone.  I do feel better knowing that some people have mentioned they were told the policy would be extended.  Really want to go on this cruise, but cannot risk the amount we splurged on this cruise.

Wow - Very impressed.  Someone's from the CEO's office called back within two hours of my sending an email. She is going to look into this and get back to. Definitely seemed to understand my concern.  Also gave me her name and number.  I'll post an update once I get more information 

39 minutes ago, aroy11462 said:

Wow - Very impressed.  Someone's from the CEO's office called back within two hours of my sending an email. She is going to look into this and get back to. Definitely seemed to understand my concern.  Also gave me her name and number.  I'll post an update once I get more information 

Just a note. I sent something three weeks ago via email to her office (yes, that email works) and received a phone call. Was told that they would look into it. Was also told that it would be brought up with upper management the next day at a staff meeting. To date crickets. Celebrity management knows that people are questioning the policy end date and they have failed to address it. We canceled using the CWC. I don’t want to deal with travel insurance on trying to get my funds back if we’re denied boarding due to a positive Covid test half way across the world. Celebrity is the only cruise line that is not stepping up. Hopefully you will receive better results than I did. I gave up and just canceled. 

1 hour ago, aroy11462 said:

Thank You.I just sent an email and it did not bounce back.  I hope to hear back from someone.  I do feel better knowing that some people have mentioned they were told the policy would be extended.  Really want to go on this cruise, but cannot risk the amount we splurged on this cruise.

My email to that address bounced back twice.

20 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

Same here!

Only late August, but cancelling up to 48hrs when we need to test 48hrs prior, too risky.. We will be in Italy a week prior boarding.. Fingers crossed they extend it!

If you're boarding in Italy,  currently testing is 1 day prior , way to late to canx under CwC. It will probably change by August