FCC on RBC. Can this be used to book a Celebrity Cruise?

Barbara60

Are you asking if you can use a FCC from Royal Caribbean to book a Celebrity cruise?  If so the answer is No a FCC from Royal can only be used on Royal. A FCC from Celebrity can only be used on Celebrity.

1 hour ago, Barbara60 said:

If not, What is the nicest cruise you can think of on RCC, or perhaps the nicest ship? We prefer cruises with less children aboard.

Pick one that pretty well assures that school will be in session universally.  Avoid summer.  Avoid holidays.  Avoid 'breaks'.  That will typically trim down the number of children aboard a fair bit.

"Nicest" is definitely in the eye of the beholder.  Would need to know a great deal more about your preferences to answer that.

Sorry we have not done a lot of cruises. We did RC Eastern Caribbean about 10 years ago. Mexican Riveria on Princess about 15 yrs ago. Three years ago we did a 32 day Princess Asian cruise: China, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Phillipines, Guam, Hawaii ending in LA. About to go to Alaska next month on Celebrity. And then Sept 2 we have a Mediterranean starting in Barcelona booked on RC for 8 nights. This is the one I am thinking "Do I really want to go?" 

7 minutes ago, Barbara60 said:

Sorry we have not done a lot of cruises. We did RC Eastern Caribbean about 10 years ago. Mexican Riveria on Princess about 15 yrs ago. Three years ago we did a 32 day Princess Asian cruise: China, Vietnam, Japan, Korea, Phillipines, Guam, Hawaii ending in LA. About to go to Alaska next month on Celebrity. And then Sept 2 we have a Mediterranean starting in Barcelona booked on RC for 8 nights. This is the one I am thinking "Do I really want to go?" 

On a Mediterranean cruise itinerary the ship is of less importance since you're off every touring each port. We've done the Mediterranean with all the cruiselines and TBH they're all about the same. In September in Europe you'll have no kids on the ship. I would just stay with whatever you have booked on Royal.

2 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

If not, What is the nicest cruise you can think of on RCC, or perhaps the nicest ship? We prefer cruises with less children aboard. 

So if you have cruised on RCC what was your favorite?

Our favorite RC class is the Radiance class. We also like the Voyager and Freedom class. Never consider RC mega ships. We like Celebrity and RC. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Barbara60 said:

Sounds like a Baltic cruise might still be part of your TBD list.  These take you to some wonderful European ports.  Was definitely one of our favorites.

Since your FCC doesn't translate to Celebrity, you might better ask over on the RCL board, but I'd certainly have a look at one of their "Scandinavia and Northern Europe" 10/11 nighters if you can find one that suits.  Often they offer one or two later season (early September) ones that avoid the kid issues for you.