Paradise Beach ?

monakayk

Do you have to purchase the all-inclusive package when you go to Paradise Beach? We will be going off season in October so it shouldn't be busy at that time of year, so just wondering if we could just go in and buy a drink and food without doing the full package? Can you just walk in without having a reservation? Any information on how Paradise Beach  is working would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, monakayk said:

I read this information already and it doesn't really answer my questions.

IS THERE AN ENTRANCE FEE TO PARADISE BEACH? 

If you prefer our A La Carte option we only charge $5usd per person with a minimum consumption of $10usd per person to use our facilities, this includes lounge chairs, umbrellas, pool, free wifi, restrooms and showers.

ARE WE EXPECTED TO EAT OR DRINK WHILE WE’RE THERE? 

Yes, we are just like your hometown bar/restaurant, we ask you to eat or drink during your visit. A minimum consumption of $10usd per person is required. (Kids 0-4 are exempt from this policy.)

WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE $20USD FUN PASS? 

Full snorkel equipment, kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, our famous water park with slides, water trampolines, climbing ice-berg and beach floats are all included!

Not sure how it doesn’t answer what you asked. What else do you want to know?

It is not possible to reserve unless you do AI. Paradise usually keeps website updated but since things change so much at the moment I would wait until much nearer the time to confirm.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in November 2021. We just showed up without a reservation (this was our 3rd time doing that) and paid $5 entry fee. We ordered food and drinks as we wanted from the menu and waiters and they kept a running tab that we paid when we got ready to leave.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:18 PM, grantbob said:

We were there in November 2021. We just showed up without a reservation (this was our 3rd time doing that) and paid $5 entry fee. We ordered food and drinks as we wanted from the menu and waiters and they kept a running tab that we paid when we got ready to leave.

Thanks for this information this is exactly what I needed to know!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Paradise Beach directly, as I had the same questions as the OP.  We have been there 4 previous times and looked forward to going there on our next cruise.  We do not eat a lot, and I am the only person who will drink a few beers, so the all-inclusive option doesn't make sense for our family.

The email response I received indicated that, yes, we could still enter via the $5 entrance fee with the $10 minimum spending on food/drink per person.  The caveat is that they are at 50% capacity at this time, and don't take reservations for this option.  With at least 4 other ships in Cozumel, I would expect them to be sold out, and we'd be stuck trying to find another option if we take our chances and just show up without reserving the all-inclusive option.  

7 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

I emailed Paradise Beach directly, as I had the same questions as the OP.  We have been there 4 previous times and looked forward to going there on our next cruise.  We do not eat a lot, and I am the only person who will drink a few beers, so the all-inclusive option doesn't make sense for our family.

The email response I received indicated that, yes, we could still enter via the $5 entrance fee with the $10 minimum spending on food/drink per person.  The caveat is that they are at 50% capacity at this time, and don't take reservations for this option.  With at least 4 other ships in Cozumel, I would expect them to be sold out, and we'd be stuck trying to find another option if we take our chances and just show up without reserving the all-inclusive option.  

The information regarding entrance fee and minimum consumption is all on their website in FAQ as I posted for OP previously - it is just a little difficult to find. You will also find the menus and charges.

They have never taken reservations for PAYG, only AI. Not sure how long ago you wrote to them but if they are only offering 50% capacity it is by choice, perhaps to try and encourage AI option. Cozumel has been at green for some considerable time now and capacity is not officially restricted.

Five ships is very common for Cozumel - they can dock at least 8 and have even had ships tendering as well on occasions. Paradise Beach is popular and it will be busy but unless they are really restricting capacity it would be unusual for it to be sold out unless you are going at Spring Break. 

The email I received was last Monday.  We have been there in the past when it was crowded with other ships, and despite our best efforts to be among the first off the ship, we still ended up having chairs in not an ideal location.  We just might do a totally different activity this time.

44 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

The email I received was last Monday.  We have been there in the past when it was crowded with other ships, and despite our best efforts to be among the first off the ship, we still ended up having chairs in not an ideal location.  We just might do a totally different activity this time.

Unless you actually need the water toys in, which case you have limited locations available, there are lots of alternatives for all budgets in Cozumel.

We have enjoyed the facilities at Paradise but would only go there if we had tweens/teens needing the activities. Too busy/crowded for us in general. We don’t enjoy elbow to elbow loungers.

Edited by c-leg5

19 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Unless you actually need the water toys in, which case you have limited locations available, there are lots of alternatives for all budgets in Cozumel.

We have enjoyed the facilities at Paradise but would only go there if we had tweens/teens needing the activities. Too busy/crowded for us in general. We don’t enjoy elbow to elbow loungers.

Very curious to see where else you would suggest. We have been to Nachi numerous times, but considering skipping it this next go round. We looked at Mr. Sanchos & Paradise, but if we were to go that route, we would probably just go back to Nachi since we feel it's a better value and not crowded. 

33 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Very curious to see where else you would suggest. We have been to Nachi numerous times, but considering skipping it this next go round. We looked at Mr. Sanchos & Paradise, but if we were to go that route, we would probably just go back to Nachi since we feel it's a better value and not crowded. 

As i said above it all depends on what activities/facilities you actually need or want - Quiet/active, snorkeling, pool/ocean, beach, AI/PAYG, ages of group, mobility, budget?

Lots of options and no one place has everything but we like to change it up and not do the same thing all the time.

We are older and enjoy quieter locations generally. We have enjoyed Nachi occasionally but generally (at least on a cruise ship visits) don’t want AI. On land visits our preferences are different because we are having to buy food and drink anyway! I prefer a pool, don’t necessarily need a beach and don’t need water toys unless traveling with grandkids.

If you want AI maybe check out some of the hotel day passes. If you want a little more  adventure and don’t need a pool, check out Punta Sur Beach Club or Punta Morena but careful with transport. Palancar Beach used to be a good option (no pool) but pre-Covid it had  become more popular and busier than we like. We haven’t been in quite a while so not sure how it is now.

Other options if you want to snorkel but they won’t have sandy beach or pool. As I said it depends what you need.

On a totally different tack there are food tours, cooking workshops, photo tours, pearl farm, chocolate tours, Chankanaab or Cabana beach.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Paradise Beach emailed me the same response re: "50% capacity".  We've gone several times PAYG and I just don't know if I should chance it or not.  Can someone point me in the direction of how to find out how many ships are in port the day that I'm there?  Thanks in advance!

27 minutes ago, disneyfan551 said:

Paradise Beach emailed me the same response re: "50% capacity".  We've gone several times PAYG and I just don't know if I should chance it or not.  Can someone point me in the direction of how to find out how many ships are in port the day that I'm there?  Thanks in advance!

I am surprised to hear that and wonder if it is a stock answer, a push towards AI, or perhaps short of staff. Are you traveling soon?

The port schedule sites are never 100% and I would guess are presently even less accurate than usual so you would need to check several to get an idea of number of ships. I usually use sea scanner because it gives me ships and passenger load (also not currently accurate!). Just google Cozumel port schedules for other options.

Do you need the water toys? Otherwise lots of other options if you arrive and find they do happen to be full.

Edited by c-leg5

My wife and daughter were in Cozumel yesterday and went to Paradise Beach.  For reference, we have visited there dozens of times over about 20 or so years.  When they arrived they were told that it was sold out.  There were 5 ships in port.  Last night on the ship they spoke with a couple that had made the AI reservation.  They said it was an absolute madhouse and far more crowded than they had ever seen.  Disappointing that they appear to be moving toward the AI business model.  We'll try them again but may need to make other plans as we don't drink alcohol or eat that much, even though when we were there in April our F&B bill was more than the AI fee. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

My wife and daughter were in Cozumel yesterday and went to Paradise Beach.  For reference, we have visited there dozens of times over about 20 or so years.  When they arrived they were told that it was sold out.  There were 5 ships in port.  Last night on the ship they spoke with a couple that had made the AI reservation.  They said it was an absolute madhouse and far more crowded than they had ever seen.  Disappointing that they appear to be moving toward the AI business model.  We'll try them again but may need to make other plans as we don't drink alcohol or eat that much, even though when we were there in April our F&B bill was more than the AI fee. 

Thanks for your report.

5 ships is quite normal as I am sure you know for Cozumel . I wonder what else is happening here - I am not aware of any major beach club closures. I have always considered Paradise busy but if the are operating at 50% capacity I wouldn’t have thought it should have been a madhouse!

I wonder if sargassum on the mainland is creating more land or day visitors. Another thought- I wonder if the storms last year reduced the beach area like at Occidental? I haven’t seen any reviews of that - just a thought.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 5:04 PM, monakayk said:

Do you have to purchase the all-inclusive package when you go to Paradise Beach? We will be going off season in October so it shouldn't be busy at that time of year, so just wondering if we could just go in and buy a drink and food without doing the full package? Can you just walk in without having a reservation? Any information on how Paradise Beach  is working would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Been by Paradise Beach a couple of times on the way to Nachi once with a couple of friends of yours.😉 

Hello Mona my friend I'm considering doing Paradise Beach on my next Cozumel visit after 2 visits to Nachi, just something different. 

Give Don my best miss cruising with the gang. I'm back looking for a nice NICE sailing for next year just like the good ol days.  Take care Todd 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 1:13 PM, c-leg5 said:

I am surprised to hear that and wonder if it is a stock answer, a push towards AI, or perhaps short of staff. Are you traveling soon?

The port schedule sites are never 100% and I would guess are presently even less accurate than usual so you would need to check several to get an idea of number of ships. I usually use sea scanner because it gives me ships and passenger load (also not currently accurate!). Just google Cozumel port schedules for other options.

Do you need the water toys? Otherwise lots of other options if you arrive and find they do happen to be full.

We will be in Cozumel 8/4.  Will have 2 college kids with us, and they definitely like the water toys.  I prefer PB mostly for their pool.  Thanks for the feedback.

On 4/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, monakayk said:

I spoke to them the other day, it appears they are pushing the all-inclusive package although they are still offering the pay as you go option as available. They told me to call on the morning we port but since ours in two week, he felt they would be full. Hopefully, in October you will have better luck. 

• Like 1