Cancelled excursion refund nonsense

craig01020

I called NCL this morning to cancel an excursion. After waiting and waiting on hold, I finally got through and cancelled my excursion. After I disconnected and received my updated e-mail confirmation, I noticed that the refund was issued as POM credit instead of back to my credit card! 🤬

So...I am currently on hold again trying to fix this.

I can't believe that in 2022 the best technology they can offer is to call and wait on hold forever.

I was not aware that NCL had activated a call back system.  Nice!  Delta uses that and it really is nice to be able to go about your day without having to carry around a phone waiting on hold.  Does NCL run it like Delta where they actually give you an estimated call back interval?

At least they cancelled yours. I had to call back a week later when I didn’t receive a notice and it still showed on my booking. And one THEY cancelled never refunded, I had to ask for a refund. Which didn’t happen, it was sitting in cyber space. at about 10 days now, still waiting for both refunds…..

1 hour ago, agrimm01 said:

That is frustrating.  But, when I called yesterday the automated phone system offered a callback so I didn't have to stay on the phone.  Didn't you get that chance when you called?

The callback system is a joke. 
Yes, with the airlines , they  really do make it so you do not lose you place in line.

NCL sends you to limbo. First time I used it, wait times were 65 minutes. After 6 hours,I  called NCL back and was asked if I wanted to cancel my callback. 🤣

Waited another 70 minutes, connected then hung up.

Realized weekends are the worst time to call.  Called on Monday and selected callback again. Wait time was 35 minutes. Never got a callback the entire day.

Called NCL back next day and just waited on hold, early morning so 15 minutes hold.

Edited by phissy

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I was not aware that NCL had activated a call back system.  Nice!  Delta uses that and it really is nice to be able to go about your day without having to carry around a phone waiting on hold.  Does NCL run it like Delta where they actually give you an estimated call back interval?

NO

2 hours ago, agrimm01 said:

That is frustrating.  But, when I called yesterday the automated phone system offered a callback so I didn't have to stay on the phone.  Didn't you get that chance when you called?

Yes, but when I tried to accept it, I was told it was unavailable.

I cancelled 5 cruises at various times during the pandemic.  My NCL PCC, always easily reachable, each time completed the cancellation within seconds.  The ability to quickly alter or cancel a trip, without the bother of the main NCL numbers, are good reason to utilize your PCC.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I cancelled 5 cruises at various times during the pandemic.  My NCL PCC, always easily reachable, each time completed the cancellation within seconds.  The ability to quickly alter or cancel a trip, without the bother of the main NCL numbers, are good reason to utilize your PCC.

How does one get a PCC?