Leaving ship early- who do I contact in Princess?

Sarnia 432

I saw the answer in another thread but can’t seem to find it at the moment.  I’m sure someone will be along with the information.

Just wanted to mention that ships don’t always make it into the outer harbour at Victoria due to adverse marine conditions so you may want to have a backup plan in place.

If you are embarking from a US port, and debarking at a Canadian port, that may be a violation of PVSA. I believe you may be on the hook for penalty in the range of several hundreds per person. So you really want to confirm with Princess CS rep on this.

23 minutes ago, private92656 said:

If you are embarking from a US port, and debarking at a Canadian port, that may be a violation of PVSA. I believe you may be on the hook for penalty in the range of several hundreds per person. So you really want to confirm with Princess CS rep on this.

Embarking in a US port and debarking at a foreign port does not fall under the PVSA rules.

It only covers those cruises that begin and end in US ports.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, private92656 said:

No, that won't be a violation, PVSA only applies starting at one US port and ending at another US port without visiting a far distant foreign port.

Sarnia432-  What was the reason they would not let you disembark in Victoira?  On a cruise we were on a CC member wanted to get off in Le Havre, France but, they were not allowed because they already had their quota of the amount of people that were allowed to disembark early in Le Havre.

To the OP: It might be interesting to hear what the CBSA has to say about the issue of you not being able to disembark from this cruise in Victoria. IIRC isn't there a big CBSA office right at the pier as you disembark, it's been a few years since we docked in Victoria but I recollect chatting with one of the officers right next to the ship. Maybe one of them can tell you why Princess has denied you the option, or at least whether THEY would have allowed it and whether the refusal is squarely with Princess.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 1:44 PM, VibeGuy said:

Route Deviation Desk via your travel agent or reservations/PVP if you booked direct. 

I have been Googling and searching on Princess Forum here.  Some older posts mentioned this topic, but no one mentioned a particular email address or phone extension.  Do you know if the regular CSR's on phone line can transfer a call?  Where can I get a copy of the form?  (I was going to write a letter explaining the request and our plan). 

Any help from anyone in terms of contacting them would be helpful.  @Sarnia 432 , how did you reach the Deviation Dept?

We were doing this back in 2020, but I cannot find any correspondence, so I think I never got to it before Covid hit and cruises were cancelled. 

(If curious, we are just looking to get off in Italy two days prior to end of cruise, also in Italy.  We have a break anyway between voyages and moving from one ship to another, so we thought we'd spend more time in Sicily). 

I will probably try calling as well, but wondering if there is an email address, or send request via CR (except I know they are swamped compared to pre-Covid times).

Thanks for any specifics.  (I'd like to handle it myself rather than hand-off to our TA).

On 4/27/2022 at 10:03 AM, Sarnia 432 said:

Update - we did contact the Route Deviation Desk, but were told we could not get off in Victoria.  However they apologized and upgraded us from our inside cabin to a mini suite at no charge!

Sarnia 432 - we did this in 2018 on a Cruise that started in Vancouver and was finishing in Seattle...While we did it through our TA who contacted the Route Deviation Dept a number of the Passengers went to Guest Services during the Cruise and arranged for a Victoria debarkation that way.

One thing I should add is that although we paid for an 8-day cruise we only got credit for 7 days and although we weren't getting in to Victoria until late Afternoon we were not able to use our Drink Package that day. Guest Services wasn't able to do anything to allow us to use the Package because the Route Deviation had been inputted prior to the Cruise so they just told us to have the Bartender from whatever Bar we were at to phone them. being considerate we stayed at the same Bar.  

I am sailing on Discovery Princess, leaving Seattle on June 26th, r/t with Victoria being the last stop before returning to Seattle.  I had my Princess agent request a deviation to get off the ship in Victoria.  It was approved, my cruise personalizer now shows my cruise as being 6 days Seattle to Victoria.  I had a $100 OBC that was based on a 7 night cruise, it has been reduced to $50.