Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for generously sharing your cruise with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

BennyBrun was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

The time has come for yet another virtual cruise.  This week I will be on Oasis of the Seas (aka my second home 😂in an Oceanview room with complimentary dinning.  The prices have gone way up to the point I don’t see it as value to me personally since I have been to them before and was not overly impressed with the offerings and now it’s over $200 with a sale it’s a no go for me!  There will be lots of pictures as usual, lots of food and lots of my random thoughts 💭   As always, you got questions I will attempt to find an answer for you!

BF7D92FE-8C12-404C-A2B1-C3C524676D43.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I am loving this itinerary!!!  No rushing off the ship for me at any port … in fact I am trying to talk myself into getting off the ship at Nassau and it’s not going well! 😂 

image.jpg

Edited by BennyBrun
  • Haha 1

For those that have gotten off the ship around Port Canaveral on your own, anything interesting around that you would suggest to walk to?  I have been there many times to board the ship but never walked around the port area.

7 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Tagging along. Have (another) great cruise Benny. :classic_smile:

Thanks so much !  I am slowly making my way towards the other side of the pond!  I am excited about this this cruise but I am super excited about my British Isle cruise in June!!

• Like 2

I have been checking in on the cruise planner for a good Wi-Fi deal and sadly the pricing has been high (since 2/22) I did not see anything better than 10% off the increased price of $26.99 a day for surf and stream.  The beverage package price has also been off the charts since 2/22.  I will buy the Wi-Fi package onboard using my Diamond Free Day credit and the 30% discount from Prime which will bring the package price to a more palatable level while I wait to upload 😆 

I will use my Diamond vouchers carefully on this trip 😂 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I am super excited about my British Isle cruise in June!!

That one will be amazing! I'm due to head to the Greek Isles on Odyssey in a week's time and I'm totally divided between being excited for the cruise and dreading the test. Do you find the thought of testing diminishes your excitement in the run-up to a cruise?

6 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

There's still time 😂

I don’t have the greatest luck with flights so I doubt that I will make it today lol… this past year which ever day I pick to arrive via air 1 day, 2 day day of that’s the day where there is irregular operations for the airline!  But this cruise and the next cruise, I have the option to walk…and still make it on time 😆 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

That one will be amazing! I'm due to head to the Greek Isles on Odyssey in a week's time and I'm totally divided between being excited for the cruise and dreading the test. Do you find the thought of testing diminishes your excitement in the run-up to a cruise?

1000000% so I try to mask up and avoid large crowds and I use the free self tests to test myself before the actual test for piece of mind during the week.  There are a lot of free self tests where I am.

I do want to hear all about your Greek Isle cruise including the testing procedure… I am Athens bound last week in July on NCL!

3 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

1000000% so I try to mask up and avoid large crowds and I use the free self tests to test myself before the actual test for piece of mind during the week.  There are a lot of free self tests where I am.

I do want to hear all about your Greek Isle cruise including the testing procedure… I am Athens bound last week in July on NCL!

We sail from Italy and the test for cruises from there (and from Athens), at least on Royal, is the day before, so we'll have to test after we arrive in Rome, as we're going 2 days ahead of time. :classic_sad:

However, like you, for peace of mind, we're going to self-test with tests from the pharmacy before we travel. 

All being well, I will probably do at least a "happy to answer questions" thread, if not a live. You'll have a few days to read it between getting off Oasis and getting on Adventure! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

We sail from Italy and the test for cruises from there (and from Athens), at least on Royal, is the day before, so we'll have to test after we arrive in Rome, as we're going 2 days ahead of time. :classic_sad:

However, like you, for peace of mind, we're going to self-test with tests from the pharmacy before we travel. 

All being well, I will probably do at least a "happy to answer questions" thread, if not a live. You'll have a few days to read it between getting off Oasis and getting on Adventure! :classic_laugh:

I can’t wait to read all about it!  Good luck stay healthy and have a fabulous cruise !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

All signed up and excited to follow along another fantastic BennyBrun virtual cruise!

We made our 3700 mile cross country trip while you were not cruising so I'm ready for some cruising adventure!

Welcome back!  I hope you had a great adventure and seeing the grand kids!  That is a looooong drive!  

Just now, BennyBrun said:

Welcome back!  I hope you had a great adventure and seeing the grand kids!  That is a looooong drive!  

Yes it is a long drive, what we paid for diesel we could have done several cruises, but hey we can't take it with us.  Great time with the grandkids...see pic, getting ready for the Easter egg hunt.  A 10 year old and 8 year old can wear two 70 year olds out for sure!

Naoh_Gwen_GKSA 4.17.22.jpeg

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

BTW the pasta in Rome… mama mia!  I still dream about the pasta … I had this garlicky tomato sauce thick not runny mixed in with spaghetti topped With fresh burrata WOW

• Like 1

Have a great and safe cruise!  Please remember to post the entertainment schedule and if you can find out how many passengers they will be expecting on the May 8th cruise, it would really be appreciated.  I'm be on May 8th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Yes it is a long drive, what we paid for diesel we could have done several cruises, but hey we can't take it with us.  Great time with the grandkids...see pic, getting ready for the Easter egg hunt.  A 10 year old and 8 year old can wear two 70 year olds out for sure!

Aw, what a lovely pic! 😍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hogladyrider said:

That is such a great picture !!!  So nice to spend time with family!  Making great memories with love ones that is what life is all about !

with the price you paid for diesel you could probably live on the cruise ship for a few months!!

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Was excited when I saw your thread.  You write the best reviews and you can see what an amazing time you are having.  We'll be on Oasis in March for the first time.  Have an amazing cruise!

Thank you so much!  You will love the Oasis…I know people talk about the newest and biggest ships and divert resources to them during the inaugural season but there is nothing wrong with Oasis and Symphony of the Seas!  Plus it’s priced to sail 😂… well if you don’t buy anything on the cruise planner 😝 

• Haha 1