Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

YES!  The upside of this is definitely just Ubering over to the port tomorrow (packing liquids and gels with wild abandon, lol).  Might do it again next month too if Bermuda gets over their additional testing.  We're NOT flying anywhere too distant for boarding until the testing requirement goes away, which is limiting.

I did a silent protest of the Bermuda’s money grab scheme… oops I meant health passport to keep us safe … I forked over the $40.00 so I can do my Bermuda sailing on 5/12 on the Adventure.  Since Bermuda is the first stop the Covid test I take to get on the ship will cover that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jewelim333 said:

My husband & I, my sister and BIL are also on this cruise.  This will be our first cruise since getting off the Anthem on March 1, 2020.  We love leaving from Bayonne- we live in northern NJ and it is so nice to be on vacation 50 minutes after we leave our home.

Happy that you are dong a virtual cruise here- it's like OUR vacation is being documented too.

Not sure if we will get off anywhere...we are just grateful and content to be on a cruise ship again.

Praying for no rain and weather that's a lot warmer than here!

JA

Have a fabulous cruise !!!  I would recommend checking out CoCoCay… the chicken sandwich by South Beach is excellent especially if you ask for the ones that just came out of the fryer!  Not quite Shaq’s life changing experience but will fill a void!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Did CVS back in February in their modular set up in the parking lot and did Walgreens in April at their drive in window.  Will see how things are when we need it again in June, August and October.

Let’s hope that the testing requirements goes away sooner rather than later!  

• Like 2

Just got an email from Royal asking us to fill out their "day before health questionnaire" on the app.  Both husband and I have searched the app on our iPhones and cannot find any such thing.  Are we missing something or is this the usual RC IT runaround?  I do see our set sail passes, which we had already printed out awhile back.  I have to assume we can just do this at the pier since not everyone even has an iPhone.

42 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Let’s hope that the testing requirements goes away sooner rather than later!  

We'll be OK in June and August since they are B2B on Oasis and Mardi Gras.  The problem comes into play in November and again in January with our two S2S's.  November is the 11 day Prima and a 3 day on Freedom of the Seas (used up a small FCC and got 100 in OBC bonus).  January is our Celebration and Encore sailings out of MIA.  If still in play, I will buy the EMED tests you bought.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Of course like I said in a previous post, no matter which day I pick there will be delays and sure enough even on a non air travel to port day of departure I can expect a delay!!  The checkin time has been delayed for 60 minutes because Oasis of the Seas needs to move to accommodate traffic!!!  Cape liberty does not have a good operation when it comes to check in guests like Fort Lauderdale / Miami and any slight issue can turn that place into chaotic mess… I guess its going to be messy on Sunday!

Not an expert here but wouldn’t it make more sense to let the traffic pass then dock?

This is crazy!  We've sailed out of NJ countless times, and never heard of this happening before!

We are on the sailing after yours, May 8th, our first on Oasis (although not our first on this class of ship),  Looking forward to your posts.  Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Just got an email from Royal asking us to fill out their "day before health questionnaire" on the app.  Both husband and I have searched the app on our iPhones and cannot find any such thing.  Are we missing something or is this the usual RC IT runaround?  I do see our set sail passes, which we had already printed out awhile back.  I have to assume we can just do this at the pier since not everyone even has an iPhone.

It is under the “check-in” option in the app. There is a button at the bottom of the first screen. You should see “health & safety“ under each persons name. Click it and answer the questions.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

It is under the “check-in” option in the app. There is a button at the bottom of the first screen. You should see “health & safety“ under each persons name. Click it and answer the questions.

mac_tlc

Got it.  THANK YOU.  I was clicking on the circle in front of the words but never thought to click on the actual wording.  I miss cruising "In the Before Times"  -  Tech makes me cranky, lol!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

We'll be OK in June and August since they are B2B on Oasis and Mardi Gras.  The problem comes into play in November and again in January with our two S2S's.  November is the 11 day Prima and a 3 day on Freedom of the Seas (used up a small FCC and got 100 in OBC bonus).  January is our Celebration and Encore sailings out of MIA.  If still in play, I will buy the EMED tests you bought.

Let’s hope we won’t need that any more!!!  I don’t need additional stress as I embark on my first Australia cruise in January!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonnaK said:

This is crazy!  We've sailed out of NJ countless times, and never heard of this happening before!

We are on the sailing after yours, May 8th, our first on Oasis (although not our first on this class of ship),  Looking forward to your posts.  Bon Voyage!

Have a great cruise!!!  Nothing surprises me any more… now if I see a different trifle recipe onboard that’s a different story 🍓 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/29/2022 at 11:34 AM, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise

Emed is the way to go for Covid Testing… 20 minutes later and I was off to stuff the suitcase for my trip!  I am still using the 6PK I ordered!

952F4406-F728-4255-B655-2C7D59B3D4B6.jpeg

Was this a home test you took?  Or a proctored one?   

Bennybrun,  Scratching my head about walking to the surf shop during your stop at Port Caneveral, the only places that I can think of that is within walking distance the dock is a few restaurants and an obversation deck.  Any of the surf shops (Ron Jons) I can think of are in Cocoa Beach and definitely not safely walkable.

The restaurants near the piers are generally decent.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to the virtual sailing. My wife and I are going on our 1st cruise at the end of July on the Oasis. 50 years old and have finally convinced her that we can do this! Looking forward to being a sponge with all of the information!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gatour said:

Bennybrun,  Scratching my head about walking to the surf shop during your stop at Port Caneveral, the only places that I can think of that is within walking distance the dock is a few restaurants and an obversation deck.  Any of the surf shops (Ron Jons) I can think of are in Cocoa Beach and definitely not safely walkable.

The restaurants near the piers are generally decent.

Thank you so much for the heads up!!  I thought someone said there was one near by … I guess that is another port I will be staying onboard and snack the day away 😂… possibly check out the observation deck but let’s see how the day goes!

54 minutes ago, tmatero said:

Really looking forward to the virtual sailing. My wife and I are going on our 1st cruise at the end of July on the Oasis. 50 years old and have finally convinced her that we can do this! Looking forward to being a sponge with all of the information!

I am very excited for you guys!  It will certainly be a great adventure… don’t be shy asking questions … the more prepared your are the better the cruise experience…. But remember you don’t have to do everything … enjoy what you are doing and leave fear of missing out at home!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

entertain.jpg

Wow look at this… a preview to this week’s entertainment!  Thank you so much!!

Wow did they cut the house entertainment staff (The production Cats uses a different set of entertainment staff) and WOW no aqua shows?  This is a very different entertainment lineup than my February B2B !  Glad to see Cats is going strong with 2 shows !!  WOW!  Now and forever on the Oasis of the Seas 😂 

Edited by BennyBrun

4 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

and WOW no aqua shows? 

3 hours ago, renza said:

Why no aqua show?  That sucks

Sure hope they are back in June during our 12 day B2B.  First time on an Oasis Class ship and would be a very bitter pill to swallow to not see the one main show that differentiates itself from the competition.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Sure hope they are back in June during our 12 day B2B.  First time on an Oasis Class ship and would be a very bitter pill to swallow to not see the one main show that differentiates itself from the competition.

I agree. I’m very disappointed that the Aqua80 isn’t running. Could care less about CATS, and have seen the ice show a bunch of times — just go for the sand art guy. 

here’s hoping there is a page 2 to the show guide!!

mac_tlc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Definitely a disappointment for those that have seen it before and liked it because it is top 2 of my favorite aqua shows!  Huge disappointment for those that have never seen an aqua show on Oasis class ship!  I hope they will bring it back shortly for the future cruisers!

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I agree. I’m very disappointed that the Aqua80 isn’t running. Could care less about CATS, and have seen the ice show a bunch of times — just go for the sand art guy. 

here’s hoping there is a page 2 to the show guide!!

mac_tlc

Please let there be a second page!  Fortunately I will have another chance to catch Aqua 80 next month but I will be sure to ask around as why no aqua show but if any one finds out before I do please let us know!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1