Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

Is the Windjammer and Diamond Lounge self serve, or is the staff still serving the guests?  What capacity is the ship sailing at, more or less than say 75%? Thanks. We're sailing her on 5/22 and again on 6/5.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I am very excited for you guys!  It will certainly be a great adventure… don’t be shy asking questions … the more prepared your are the better the cruise experience…. But remember you don’t have to do everything … enjoy what you are doing and leave fear of missing out at home!

Thank you! We're actually really excited to be trying something different. After 20+ years of vacationing in Las Vegas, it's time.. LOL

Did have one question - Dress code in the main dining. Had a friend go on a different cruise on Anthem a couple of weeks ago and said no dress code in main dining, but everything I am reading is saying yes to a dress code. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Aqua 80 Update … no aqua 80 for two weeks as they change cast… should be back soon!  Sad but you cruise on!

That is very 😔 . Guess I have to wait until September. Disappointed in the show schedule this week. 

mac_tlc

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!  I'm sailing on the Oasis in 2 weeks and have a couple questions:

What type of straws are they using now?

Can you get to go sushi from Izumi without a reservation?

Thanks again!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Punnymaker said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!  I'm sailing on the Oasis in 2 weeks and have a couple questions:

Thanks again!

Plastic straw in CK with frozen drink

19 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Is the Windjammer and Diamond Lounge self serve, or is the staff still serving the guests?  What capacity is the ship sailing at, more or less than say 75%? Thanks. We're sailing her on 5/22 and again on 6/5.

Self serve at both places… it’s a bit messier and I preferred the staff serve.  It’s always great to see someone take a spoon and stir the pan digging for one specific thing and keep on digging…. I heard we are at 4000 !

52 minutes ago, tink1112 said:

Enjoy! I will be following along. We are sailing 5/15. It will be our second time out of Bayonne but first time driving ourselves. 

Enjoy your cruise !  It’s going to be amazing!  I am hoping the aqua show will be back by then!

19 minutes ago, tmatero said:

Thank you! We're actually really excited to be trying something different. After 20+ years of vacationing in Las Vegas, it's time.. LOL

Did have one question - Dress code in the main dining. Had a friend go on a different cruise on Anthem a couple of weeks ago and said no dress code in main dining, but everything I am reading is saying yes to a dress code. Thoughts?

Dress code is casual except on formal nights.  If you are trying get away with jeans and a t shirt or a shirt on most nights it will be fine.  Unless you are breaking norm they really won’t say anything.  There is no need to break out the tux!  A dress shirt and pants and shoes will be just fine on formal night and jeans and a shirt will do for the other nights.  Blend in 😂 that’s how I enjoy my cruises 🚢 

15 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

That is very 😔 . Guess I have to wait until September. Disappointed in the show schedule this week. 

mac_tlc

I agree with you… especially when most shows don’t require reservations… that’s not a good sign and definitely not signature entertainment label worthy I guess 😂 

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Aqua 80 Update … no aqua 80 for two weeks as they change cast… should be back soon!  Sad but you cruise on!

Guess that means no Aqua show for me next week on the 5/8 sailing.  Maybe I'll be able to catch them while they practice. Love the Aqua shows!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I agree with you… especially when most shows don’t require reservations… that’s not a good sign and definitely not signature entertainment label worthy I guess 😂 

I was surprised to see that reservations weren't required for a lot of the shows posted on the schedule this week.  Let us know how that works out this week with the increase in passengers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Punnymaker said:

Thanks again!

Please remember that Royal is not very condition what happens this week might not hold true for next week…

we are using plastic but recycled I think… this week specialty restaurant is not busy so you don’t need sushi reservations but I would recommend you make reservations on Oasis class ship!

19 minutes ago, PokrChick said:

This is so great!  Very appreciative that you are doing this!!  You are making me every more exciting for my 6/5 sailing if that's even possible 

Thank you so much!  Have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1