Luggage tag holders ????

Brad548ye

Hello,

I’ve tried searching but not sure I’ve done it very well. Could anyone tell me what size the luggage tags are for NCL please. I’m looking at getting some luggage tag holders but not sure what size to get. 

Thanks

Brad

4 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

Hello,

I’ve tried searching but not sure I’ve done it very well. Could anyone tell me what size the luggage tags are for NCL please. I’m looking at getting some luggage tag holders but not sure what size to get. 

Thanks

Brad

https://www.amazon.ca/NCL-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Cruise/dp/B07XKWFMR7

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

Thank you, I’m in the UK though but I’ll see if I can find these on the UK Amazon. 

No worries, I posted that link to highlight the fact that NCL use the "wide" luggage tags, as does Princess, rather than the very narrow type used by Celebrity or RCCL. The wider tags we used on previous Princess and NCL trips measure 75mm inside width (where the paper tag fits) and 140mm deep.  They are quite commonly available and I'm sure Amazon UK will have them.

2 hours ago, Brad548ye said:

Thank you, I’m in the UK though but I’ll see if I can find these on the UK Amazon. 

We have ours from Amazon US, so I had a look in Amazon UK for equivalent (need to get ones the correct size for NCL etags) ...

Cruise Luggage Tags, 12 Pack Clear Thick PVC Luggage Tags E-tag Holders Zip Seal & Steel Loops for Cruise Ships : Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

Cruise Luggage Tags/Etag holders with Zip Seal and Steel Locking Loops Vinyl PCV : Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

Beware, the latter has logo printed on the sleeves.

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No, these are too narrow for NCL etags nowadays. Also the OP is in the UK so cannot order from Amazon US.

I have sent him the links for Amazon UK.

Cheers.

NCL actually sends the narrow tags now and the luggage tag holders shown in the amazon link will certainly still work as a plastic protective cover, but they are no longer a custom fit for NCL tags. one of the reviews on amazon actually mentions this. if you're printing tags from the NCL site, they are the correct size for this holder, unless they have recently changed the size of the self-printed tags.

Edited by UKstages

4 minutes ago, UKstages said:

NCL actually sends the narrow tags now and the luggage tag holders shown in the amazon link will certainly still work as a plastic protective cover, but they are no longer a custom fit for NCL tags. one of the reviews on amazon actually mentions this. if you're printing tags from the NCL site, they are the correct size for this holder, unless they have recently changed the size of the self-printed tags.

Yes, but not everyone receives the narrow tags from NCL - We have been on 26 NCL cruises and not once did we ever receive the tags from NCL. I've always had to print the etags and they are wide!

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

Just buy the largest ones you can find, don't fret over making sure they're "NCL" tags as long as they fit the largest tags available. That way, if you sail another line they'll fit whatever tags you get.

The ones I have are just under 4.5" wide and are a tight fit for NCL tags but they fit...

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We have a set of holders we've used for Royal in the past, that are long and skinny.  We bought a set of holders like this for NCL - then we got our NCL tags in the mail, and they look like they will fit the Royal holders better than these. 

We're in the Haven this time - could those tags be different somehow?  I seem to recall not getting non-Haven tags in the mail from NCL in the past, and just having to print them ourselves.

Edited by EleventyBangBang

43 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

We're in the Haven this time - could those tags be different somehow?

Your peel-and-stick Haven tags may be different, see my post above where I note that a 4.5" wide tag holder is JUST wide enough to fit the print-at-home NCL tags...

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

No, these are too narrow for NCL etags nowadays. Also the OP is in the UK so cannot order from Amazon US.

I have sent him the links for Amazon UK.

Cheers.

Well...they sure seemed to fit just fine when I printed out my tags for my cruise in 2 weeks...

We just received our tags and we also ordered those luggage tag holders from Amazon. The NCL tags are long and narrow. We just cut out and folded about an inch off our ours just below our room number. They now fit in the luggage tag holder.