Morning or evening flight on disembarkation day?

We dock at Rome at 5am and need to catch a flight back to the UK. 

Our choices are 11.30am or 10pm. 

If we get the early flight we have the struggle of getting off the ship and across Rome as quick as we can as we will need to be at the airport for 9.30am at the latest. However if we catch the late flight we have all day in Rome with all of our luggage.  What do we do? 

52 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

We dock at Rome at 5am and need to catch a flight back to the UK. 

Our choices are 11.30am or 10pm. 

If we get the early flight we have the struggle of getting off the ship and across Rome as quick as we can as we will need to be at the airport for 9.30am at the latest. However if we catch the late flight we have all day in Rome with all of our luggage.  What do we do? 

Sorry! I went back to re-read your post more carefully.

Given your arrival time of docking, I would definitely choose that 11:30am flight. When I saw the late night flight time, especially in Rome, I wouldn't want to hang out that long UNLESS you want to tour around in the city before you head to the airport. I think you would be fine; even getting off the ship as late as 8am should get you to FCO easily. We have done this before.

Similar situation to the OP. We had the choice of a 11:10 or a 17:30 out of Barcelona today after leaving the Wonder. We picked the later one to cover for any eventuality. However, the earlier one would have been fine as we arrived at airport before 09:00. This was after a hearty breakfast in the Windjammer followed by a 50 Euro taxi ride to the airport. 

However the nice lady at the KLM check in desk allowed us to check in all our baggage so we took the metro into the city centre and now enjoying a dine beer and tapas on the Rambla. 

• Like 1

It is possible if off first thing and a private transfer, the port is some distance from Rome. We got the coach transfer 20 Euros and spent a lovely day in Rome before getting a late flight back to the UK.

If you Google luggage storage Rome there are quite a few options. Central Stations always have lockers to store quite big cases.

Depends if you are desperate to get home or extend your holiday.