Alaska round trip from seattle

stavy

I’ve been reading some posts and I have a few questions….We’re cruising from Seattle round trip to Alaska.  We stop in Victoria in the evening before we return to Seattle.  So do we need to test before boarding the ship?  We are flying home immediately following the cruise. Do we need to test before we fly home? We live in California 

Thank you in advance   You guys seem to have all the answers 😊

The timing is one day prior to leaving to enter the US- not two days. Although things change rapidly- I would confirm this information on both the Canadian (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise and US official websites (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html) a week or so before you leave. Or at least- that is our plan- we don't sail until late July. 

Edited by 5waldos

The OP is returning to the US via ship (RT Seattle), not flying to the US from Canada. They needn't test to return to the US. We considered that itinerary for precisely that reason -- we had a European cruise scheduled, and the thing that pushed us over the edge in canceling it was the hassle in getting tested the morning of our return flight home. Ultimately we're doing the Caribbean for the same reason -- RT to Ft. Lauderdale doesn't require a test to return to the US.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, klflote said:

The OP is returning to the US via ship (RT Seattle), not flying to the US from Canada. They needn't test to return to the US. We considered that itinerary for precisely that reason -- we had a European cruise scheduled, and the thing that pushed us over the edge in canceling it was the hassle in getting tested the morning of our return flight home. Ultimately we're doing the Caribbean for the same reason -- RT to Ft. Lauderdale doesn't require a test to return to the US.

Good point and you are right. They need to test before boarding and complete ArriveCAN but don't need to be tested before coming home. 

3 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Good point and you are right. They need to test before boarding and complete ArriveCAN but don't need to be tested before coming home. 

Is the ArriveCan the paper form given before we board?  Please don’t say it is an App I am not savvy with my phone. Thanks for your reply.

36 minutes ago, Sea and Me said:

Is the ArriveCan the paper form given before we board?  Please don’t say it is an App I am not savvy with my phone. Thanks for your reply.

No- here is one link to it https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/en/auth?returnUrl=%2Flanding-page. It is an online form which gathers information required by the Canadian Gov from all people who will be entering Canada. And must be completed 72 hours prior to boarding. Apparently you get an approval which can be printed out to show when you board. I say apparently since I have not completed the entire thing since I am still several months out. Andif you have trouble on the phone- can you access a computer? Or use the one at the public library? but no- that won't work because you have to submit pictures of your covid vaccines. Maybe best to ask a teenager to help you with it- a neighbor or kid/grandkid? 

Edited by 5waldos

Just now, dreams_of_travel said:

FWIW I just finished filling out my ArriveCAN app.  It was super easy, and a very smooth process.  It is one of the better apps I've dealt with recently.  YMMV

Yea! And do they in fact provide an approval form to print out? 

1 minute ago, 5waldos said:

Yea! And do they in fact provide an approval form to print out? 

Yes, whether you use the online version or the downloaded app for your submission, you will receive a receipt that you can print.

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, whether you use the online version or the downloaded app for your submission, you will receive a receipt that you can print.

Thanks much- and I wonder why it is that so many people on CC seem to be resisting the form? If you can use CC you can fill out the form. 

Edited by 5waldos

3 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Thanks much- and I wonder why it is that so many people on CC seem to be resisting the form? If you can use CC you can fill out the form. 

I suspect it's because it's just one more thing imposed on them that they didn't have to worry about pre-COVID. 

Do you have to fill out the ArriveCAN forms if you have no intention of entering Canada? I have an upcoming Alaska cruise (round trip from Seattle), and I'm planning on making Victoria a spa day.

41 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Do you have to fill out the ArriveCAN forms if you have no intention of entering Canada? I have an upcoming Alaska cruise (round trip from Seattle), and I'm planning on making Victoria a spa day.

Yes, you are still entering Canada. If you don't do this, you aren't getting on the ship.

42 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

Yes you will. 

It is not a difficult form to complete- takes a few minutes. I don't understand why it seems like such a difficult task for some people. And as is often the case- better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have. 

Although in this case- yes, you need it prior to boarding. And from what I have been reading here on CC- it is a real mess and time suck if you get to the port without it. You will need to do it then and there and apparently it holds you up for quite a time. 

Edited by 5waldos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, someguyfl said:

It will be so much easier and less stressful if you complete ArriveCan at home.  You will not be allowed to proceed with your embarkation process until you can show proof you having completing ArriveCan.

Interesting.  Just when you think you've gathered all the information to comply with Covid restrictions a new one (to me) pops up.  Nowhere in the check-in process did Celebrity mention the Canadian app and it didn't even cross my mind, considering the chances of getting off are slim in Victoria.

If I'm understanding the Canadian website correctly, the required Covid test results that need to be provided to Celebrity prior to boarding in Seattle will suffice for Canada?  

I'll add the Canadian arrivals app to my pre cruise to-do list.  Even though we may not get off the ship in Victoria (a silly 530pm arrival for a short stay.)

It doesn't matter if you get off or not- you are in Canada. At this point in time (things change rapidly) you will not be allowed to board unless and until you have completed the ArriveCAN.