Online check in problems Vacation adds on please help or we will have to cancel

ace2542

The new NCL policy of having guests responsible for their own Covid testing for overseas cruises makes it a hardship for people who are not in their own country and trying to enjoy their vacation days.

I have no problem with testing in my own country since I am most familiar with the testing options available to me, and most times free of charge. 

If NCL wants the ships completely test (and I do, also) then they should offer testing at the dock as they did before overseas either free or a small charge $20 and not the exorbitant rates which they are suggesting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

It is, you just as well upload a picture of your cat.

But if you don't upload a picture - and some people can't.  i will struggle through but some people can't - to my understanding they won't issue you with the tickets as they won't consider the check in complete?

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But if you don't upload a picture - and some people can't.  i will struggle through but some people can't - to my understanding they won't issue you with the tickets as they won't consider the check in complete?

In fairness if you do it via your phone it is an extremely simply task of just pressing the button and choosing a picture from your gallery.

Seriously, just take a selfie then upload the last picture you took.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

In fairness if you do it via your phone it is an extremely simply task of just pressing the button and choosing a picture from your gallery.

Seriously, just take a selfie then upload the last picture you took.

We don't have the high tech phone. We are in luck though the nearest puiblic library is only 3 miles away I can do them on saturday using their scanner. A lot of older cruisers might struggle though. I have heard some people on Fred Olsen having problems due to their lack of use of this modern stuff

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We don't have the high tech phone. We are in luck though the nearest puiblic library is only 3 miles away I can do them on saturday using their scanner. A lot of older cruisers might struggle though. I have heard some people on Fred Olsen having problems due to their lack of use of this modern stuff

If you have the ability to post in this forum you have the ability to upload a picture, as I said before it does not even matter what it is, it could be the cruise critic logo for all it matters.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

If you have the ability to post in this forum you have the ability to upload a picture, as I said before it does not even matter what it is, it could be the cruise critic logo for all it matters.

That's what I was thinking. It would seem logical that anyone savvy enough to navigate this site should have no issues with NCL, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, glad for the OP that the crisis has been averted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I don't have a scanner, nor a camera on the computer. So how can I capture and store passport picture? 😀

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I don't have a scanner, nor a camera on the computer. So how can I capture and store passport picture? 😀

I said any old pic will give you a green tick, they take a new one anyway.

Use this:

😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm curious at all the folks saying they take a new picture at the port anyway. Just cruised last week and they didn't. I saw other people needing to reshoot theirs the old fashioned way at the check in desk, so it's obviously possible, but they didn't ask anybody in our party to. 

So if your picture is sufficient, that's one skip you will not NECESSARILY need to repeat. 

53 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

I'm curious at all the folks saying they take a new picture at the port anyway. Just cruised last week and they didn't. I saw other people needing to reshoot theirs the old fashioned way at the check in desk, so it's obviously possible, but they didn't ask anybody in our party to. 

So if your picture is sufficient, that's one skip you will not NECESSARILY need to repeat. 

Maybe its too many of us using pics that were taken 20 years ago 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I certainly understand the OP, we have been very loyal cruisers the last 20 years.  
We somehow managed to get on a cruise in January, it was so stressful, getting the online check in done.  But were fortunate at that time there was still Covid testing done at the Pier (San Pedro). very easy.  Have the bucks to sail again, but won't deal with all the proctored at home Covid testing, just too much.  NCL listen UP, retired people have the time to cruise, make it easier.  and I realize most retirees have no problem with uploading, downloading, but just stressful for us

20 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I said any old pic will give you a green tick, they take a new one anyway.

Use this:

😀

I have tried to upload the smiley face i guess we won't be going because i can't crop the picture or it is not correct size.

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

I have tried to upload the smiley face i guess we won't be going because i can't crop the picture or it is not correct size.

Don't you have children, grandchildren, family friend or neighbour who can help with this?

I'm sure your TA will help if they are on the high street, even banks like Barclays (digital eagles) will help with online tasks for customers.
I look after my elderly neighbours by doing their insurance, power, water, vehicle and other online tasks to ensure they have the best deals as they have no computer, no internet and only a land line.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Don't you have children, grandchildren, family friend or neighbour who can help with this?

I'm sure your TA will help if they are on the high street, even banks like Barclays (digital eagles) will help with online tasks for customers.
I look after my elderly neighbours by doing their insurance, power, water, vehicle and other online tasks to ensure they have the best deals as they have no computer, no internet and only a land line.

It is done they are getting a picture of a car with the hole in the tyre from the garage computer where I work they can have that and like it.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

It is done they are getting a picture of a car with the hole in the tyre from the garage computer where I work they can have that and like it.

Haha, good solution, I like it! You can get these things for pretty cheap in the UK. This one's only 22 quid:

https://*****.com/yeyr69jp

It might be worth investing in one of these for doing video chat and taking pictures. Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Haha, good solution, I like it! You can get these things for pretty cheap in the UK. This one's only 22 quid:

https://*****.com/yeyr69jp

It might be worth investing in one of these for doing video chat and taking pictures. Have a great cruise!

The check is done. EIGHT passwords I have gone through to get this done. Must be a problem with my account in their computers or some problem with their system for that to happen.

• Like 1