Asking a Question for a Friend who does not use CC

Hi, I am not familiar with Carnival but have a friend that will be hitting Diamond level on their Alaska cruise. Will they be given Diamond status on that cruise or do they have to wait till the next cruise after? I tried doing a search and could not find the answer. Thanks so much for your help!!

From the Carnival website:

"In the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

4 minutes ago, BrianMD said:

From the Carnival website:

"In the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

13 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Hi, I am not familiar with Carnival but have a friend that will be hitting Diamond level on their Alaska cruise. Will they be given Diamond status on that cruise or do they have to wait till the next cruise after? I tried doing a search and could not find the answer. Thanks so much for your help!!

Alaska cruise. Look at the luggage tags, should say Diamond.

Guest BasicSailor

Tell him it's no BIG deal from Platinum to Diamond. Other than a Captains party with No Captain.

53 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Tell him it's no BIG deal from Platinum to Diamond. Other than a Captains party with No Captain.

Well in fairness,  he's the one guy who you don't want to catch Covid on the ship. The people working on the bridge have to remain somewhat sterile. 😎

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Well in fairness,  he's the one guy who you don't want to catch Covid on the ship. The people working on the bridge have to remain somewhat sterile. 😎

Actually, the ship can sail without the Captain.  It is the Physician who must be onboard.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

52 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Actually, the ship can sail without the Captain.  It is the Physician who must be onboard.

Thanks Jeff but I think Elane5715 threw you a curve ball on that one 😁 🤣.

No biggie to me if Hes/She is a No Show or not. Just stating he's not there .Most of the other officers attend.  If one happens to catch covid,  pretty sure they could pass it on to the Captain .

Edited by BasicSailor

7 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Thanks Jeff but I think Elane5715 threw you a curve ball on that one 😁 🤣.

No biggie to me if Hes/She is a No Show or not. Just stating he's not there .Most of the other officers attend.  If one happens to catch covid,  pretty sure they could pass it on to the Captain .

Just remember that piece of trivia for the onboard contest

I turned Platinum on the last cruise. I got Platinum luggage tags but had a gold card. I was treated as gold all week, until I was invited to the Platinum/Diamond Party and was allowed to have early disembarkation. When there was no line, I asked guest services about it. They just told me I would be Platinum next cruise. When I went to pick up my gift, I was told I could only be given what my card signified….so the answer to your question is, maybe.