iHealth Proctored Covid Testing Experience

Took the iHealth proctored Covid test earlier this morning.  My scheduled time was 9 A.M.  I signed in about 10 minutes early.  Proctor showed up right away.  It does have to be done on a laptop or computer with camera and microphone.  Have to use the Chrome browser.  I was on a laptop.  In order for the proctor to see my test stick at one point, I had to semi close the top down for the camera to pick up the image. 

Did all of the verifying requirements with the proctor (i.e. QR code, driver's license, and unopened test).  Followed the steps given to swab my nose, place in the liquids vial,  and drop 3 drops of liquid into the test.  An online timer was set for 15 minutes.  When done, hit the onscreen button to get back to a proctor.

I only had one definite red line, well before the 15 minutes was up, and no other line. 🙂 Went through some steps once again with the proctor, showed him the test results by holding the test stick up to the camera.  Had an email immediately, and printed it out. 

One small glitch in my printing was the first printing, the results were huge and did not fit on the paper.  Had to go in and adjust the print to "shrink to size". 

Total testing time was right at 25 minutes.  Hope this info is helpful.  I would use iHealth again. 

Ready to set sail! 🚢🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Did you use the test provided by the government in the orange boxes?  We have a cruise coming up in July and were thinking of using the iHealth Proctors to utilize them.

4 hours ago, Snuggss said:

Did you use the test provided by the government in the orange boxes?  We have a cruise coming up in July and were thinking of using the iHealth Proctors to utilize them.

Yes, I used the test provided by the go vernment in the orange and white box.  No problem at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, denamo said:

Took the iHealth proctored Covid test earlier this morning.  My scheduled time was 9 A.M.  I signed in about 10 minutes early.  Proctor showed up right away.  It does have to be done on a laptop or computer with camera and microphone.  Have to use the Chrome browser.  I was on a laptop.  In order for the proctor to see my test stick at one point, I had to semi close the top down for the camera to pick up the image. 

Did all of the verifying requirements with the proctor (i.e. QR code, driver's license, and unopened test).  Followed the steps given to swab my nose, place in the liquids vial,  and drop 3 drops of liquid into the test.  An online timer was set for 15 minutes.  When done, hit the onscreen button to get back to a proctor.

I only had one definite red line, well before the 15 minutes was up, and no other line. 🙂 Went through some steps once again with the proctor, showed him the test results by holding the test stick up to the camera.  Had an email immediately, and printed it out. 

One small glitch in my printing was the first printing, the results were huge and did not fit on the paper.  Had to go in and adjust the print to "shrink to size". 

Total testing time was right at 25 minutes.  Hope this info is helpful.  I would use iHealth again. 

Ready to set sail! 🚢🛳️

Chrome Browser does not play nice with Mac computers.  I believe someone posted that Safari can be used with iHealth.

Can anyone else confirm?

I have the government orange tests.  How do you get an appointment?  On the website, it shows they are sold out.  I don't want to buy them, just want to pay for the test and get the appointment.

Does anyone know how these tests work oversea?  Can I call their toll free phone number back to the states?  

1 hour ago, twocruisersok said:

I have the government orange tests.  How do you get an appointment?  On the website, it shows they are sold out.  I don't want to buy them, just want to pay for the test and get the appointment.

Does anyone know how these tests work oversea?  Can I call their toll free phone number back to the states?  

I went to the website and see the same thing.  It's showing the service for proctoring is listed as sold out.  Wonder if this is due to the weekend?  Guess I was lucky to purchase and have an appointment.

• Thanks 1

I think they don't have enough proctors for demand. My husband had a problem when he took his test and the proctor never returned to review his results. The company is very near us, and I was able to get in contact (callback) with customer service and we worked it out. But their customer service is only 8:30-5 Pacific time. I wouldn't count on being able to contact them from other locations. 

On 5/6/2022 at 12:17 PM, denamo said:

It does have to be done on a laptop or computer with camera and microphone.  =

So we can't use a phone for the test? I was hoping not to take my laptop to Europe and just test from our phone.