Merged - Cunard website Issues

lissie

4 hours ago, WestonOne said:

I am not sure if that is true, because I have had a lot of problems with P+O websites as well as Cunard ones.  Things to do with working correctly need proper testing, but others are obvious at a glance.  For months, the number of days to my next voyage was shown with something like ten decimal places, which is down in the fractions of  milliseconds.  Not correct either, as it would have to alter on every screen refresh!  Then parts of the screen overlapped each other so you couldn't read either part.  Or there were details of ports where the description was loo long for the display and no way of scrolling ...

I suspect that the websites for all Carnival brands use a common system with just branding changed and a small number of brand specific pages but I could easily be wrong.

When HAL changed their website it was very buggy. Gradually, they got it working better. A while later, maybe 6 months, Cunard used the same system, but it was HAL's original with all the bugs, instead of the "new and improved" version. Sometimes I wonder if anyone in Carnival Corp IT talks to anyone else.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:32 AM, ExArkie said:

I remember there having been a place to select one's preferred table size for dining (2, 4, or 6 persons, as I recall). I did not see that anywhere.

It is still there. Under "Your Dining Choice" there are options for Early/Late Seating and Table Size (2 to 10). Caveat: This is with Chrome on an Android device. I'll have to check later if table size is visible under a few Windows browsers.

Edited by frankp01

3 hours ago, frankp01 said:

It is still there. Under "Your Dining Choice" there are options for Early/Late Seating and Table Size (2 to 10). Caveat: This is with Chrome on an Android device. I'll have to check later if table size is visible under a few Windows browsers.

Perhaps it is because I’m an idiot (or so it has been suggested at times), but I’m not seeing a “Your Dining Choice” anywhere. Does not appear near the “Bed Configuration” button where I had seen it before. The “Dining” tab takes me to information on Verandah, but not to our personal dining table (Grills).

I have tried this on an iPad (Safari and Chrome) and, to duplicate your conditions, Chrome on an Android. Never saw that heading on any of them. I will try Windows when I open my laptop later. 

This is a curiosity, not a real concern. Pretty sure we will get our 2-top in the Grills as requested, but just wondering why I can’t see this. (Yes, before anyone asks, I cleared cache, cookies, and used a private tab.)

By the way, I did verify that our cabin as identified in the picture accompanying our “Cabin Information” is definitely an Airbus A330.

Our agent has already put in our table requests for all our bookings  and I have seen them for this year on my booking summery in the past but I can't see them now so you're not going loopy, or if you are. that's two of us!   I have my fingers crossed.

I am assuming two tops are the norm unless one asks to share.

Edited by Victoria2

5 hours ago, ExArkie said:

By the way, I did verify that our cabin as identified in the picture accompanying our “Cabin Information” is definitely an Airbus A330.

Well, there you go. I don't think dining options are available in the Airbus cabins. 😉

I'll see if I can find that page again and grab a screen shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

Ok, so I'm seeing the dining options on the very first screen after signing into My Cunard (in the US version)...

That is where I saw it as well, when we first booked this trip several months back. It is definitely not showing up there now. I did just check the Windows browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and all are consistent with it not showing up.

Since you mentioned seating time as one of the choices on your screen and we have booked Grills for this TA, perhaps the idea is that one doesn't choose a seating time in Grills, so one does not need to be offered the choice...and, as Victoria2 mentioned, 2-tops being the norm, the assumption is that is what you will get unless you ask for something different.

Probably not worth more time investigating at this point, since the entire site is likely to be different at any time without warning.

I am completing my details for online check in. I’m using an iPad.
It all went well until I pressed “download” to get my boarding passes. Red blobs moved around on the page, vanished, then a new totally blank page opened! I press back button and get back to the option to download. 

Any suggestions? 
Thank you for any help. I sail in 21 days.

19 hours ago, frankp01 said:

Ah, I think you may be on to something there!

There has always been table size request button on the My Cunard for QG and I suppose, PG too and so I am assuming as there is nothing pertaining to table size, a  two top is the default at the moment. 

With 12 cruises booked I am sadly familiar with all the website inadequacies and dysfunctions for Cunard, Carnival Princess, Oceania and NCL.  

We all process information differently but Cunard bugs me because I have to enter my booking number every time. Why not just let me log in and see ALL my sailings like I can on Carnival and Princess.  

I find the Princess site the most functional but NONE of them make it easy. I have just learned the quirks of each one. 

• Like 3

It's nice to know it's not just Cunard that has issues. Since you've raised NCL, I think it was the NCL website that produced this fare quote for me. Look closely at the airfare...  it's not a very good deal at all.

NCL fare quote.jpeg

Edited by frankp01
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

It's nice to know it's not just Cunard that has issues. Since you've raised NCL, I think it was the NCL website that produced this fare quote for me. Look closely at the airfare...  it's not a very good deal at all.

NCL fare quote.jpeg

Looks like NCL was selling you that Airbus A330 Cunard claims I'm booked into on the December Transatlantic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Follow-up on the question of “dining choice” being missing for our December reservations: My wife just looked at the My Cunard page and there was a heading on the first page that allowed her to request a table size - since we are in Grills, there was no choice of time, just table size. 

I logged in under my name and confirmed that the dining choice option was being shown now, where it most definitely was not previously. 

On 5/24/2022 at 12:57 PM, TheOldBear said:

I wish I had saved a screen shot of the 'booking summary' page showing the cruise as 26 nights with a 8 digit decimal fraction

Finally found it. Well, not a screen shot, but the post where you mentioned it. Looks like a copy and paste anyway. And apparently it was 15 digits after the decimal point!

Has anyone in the US cracked the code for entering phone numbers for emergency contacts?
No matter what I try, I get an error that it's the wrong format. 
I've tried
- traditional US format (xxx) xxx-xxxx
- no punctuation, numbers only
- added country code with and without leading 0 (+1, +01) using both US and numbers only for remainder

And I've done this both on Safari and Chrome.

21 minutes ago, MarkBearSF said:

Has anyone in the US cracked the code for entering phone numbers for emergency contacts?
No matter what I try, I get an error that it's the wrong format. 
I've tried
- traditional US format (xxx) xxx-xxxx
- no punctuation, numbers only
- added country code with and without leading 0 (+1, +01) using both US and numbers only for remainder

And I've done this both on Safari and Chrome.

Interesting that you've asked this question, @MarkBearSF. I was going to ask how anyone is able to get My Cunard to do anything at all with what you enter into the "Emergency contact details" form. Regardless of what I attempt to enter into that form, when I click "Save", all I get is a spinning "Loading" message. No error message of any kind that I can see. Just that spinning "Loading" message which I let sit for over an hour on one occasion.

Now my booking is for one of the newly released Queen Anne voyages, so perhaps my voyage is too far into the future for My Cunard to want to deal with the Emergency contact details. But that theory is questionable since I can update other personal details in My Cunard. That included an update to my cell phone number which it accepted as a 10-digit US phone number with no special characters and no country code.

Like you I have tried different browsers as well as different platforms (Chrome and Edge on a Windows desktop and Chrome on an Android phone).

In terms of the form field edits for the phone numbers on the Emergency contact details form, all I'm seeing is that it objects to the entry of any non-numeric characters. I am able to get past the form field edit error message "The telephone number entered is invalid" by entering any string of one or more numeric digits into the phone number fields. The problem in my case is getting it to do anything with what I enter once I click "Save".

I was trying the same thing last night, for a QM2 voyage Southampton to Norway in November. (Let me start by saying we're very excited to be back on Cunard and QM2 again! It has been too long.  While we did QV in South America just prior to covid, we haven't been on QM2 since 2018.)

From my experience last night, on both Firefox and Edge on Windows 10...

• MyCunard accepted my Insurance information, with a brief spin of the Loading wheel.
  • When I then tried to enter Emergency Contact information, I got the same infinite spin. In very faint grayscale type under the spinning wheel was a red error message for "Invalid phone format".  Reloading the page deleted the Insurance information previously entered. 
  • I tried the sequence again with the different range of phone formats mentioned here in this thread, but each time got the infinite spin.
  • I then tried to enter Emergency Contact info without first entering the Insurance.  This was successful.  The phone format was an Australia mobile, starting with 04 and then all numbers, without country code +61 or 61.
  • But then if I tried to enter the Insurance info, the infinite spin returned, with a faint red "Invalid State format" error message, which is odd because there is no field in Insurance requesting State, only in the Emergency Contact section, and the site previously accepted the Emergency Contact state just before.
  • A reload of the page to exit the Insurance infinite spin erased the Emergency contact info.
  • At that point I gave up.  It seems that MyCunard will take Insurance, or Emergency Contact, whichever you try entering first, but not both.

Not sure if this helps to crack the code.  (We're still excited to be back.) 

Edited by sfred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1