Two couples in a Haven Family Veranda?

Two of my daughters are interested in sailing on the Escape in Europe this summer and would like to do so in the Haven. 

Question they posed to me.  Is it possible to have two couples in a Haven two bedroom Family Veranda along with a child and what upcharge would it be? 

Not sure if this would fit with Haven NCL.  Thanks for your response.

The price of a stateroom is usually maxed out with double occupancy - no upcharge.

I.E. - Fare is $1000 pp x 2 = $2000.

$2000 would be the total fare (plus port fees gratuities etc.) and adding

more guests to the capacity of the cabin (your haven cabin probably at least 6)

2 guests in master bedroom - 2 guests in 2nd BR - and the child in the convertible lounge couch

in the main room.

Thus 2 primary guests + 2 addition guests and 1 child would be $400 pp x 5 = $2000

Plus those devil in details port fees taxes and any promo gratuities.

just remember that (1) the 2nd bedroom is very small. although it will/can accommodate  2 other people, i hope there is no jealousy between the couples. the main bedroom is opulent, the other so-so. my friend sailed with us recently, and although i told her about the size of the 2nd room prior to sailing, she still looked disappointed when she 1st saw the room.  we had the cabin steward put  in a topper  for her bed, and subsequently she was fine. 

(2) depends on the age of the child.  when pulled out the couch can more than comfortably sleep an adult, do you want a small child sleeping in a room by themselves. what if he/she needs to get up in the middle of the night to use a bathroom?

if the child is over 12 (only an approximation) there will probably be no problem. anything under that

age, i'd need to think about it.

What the upcharge would be dollar wise, depends on the ship, and number if days on the cruise.  

if you want an almost exact amount, merely log onto ncl, put in the month, number of days you wish to sail, the ship    and the departure point. it will then tell you to "find a cruise" and show you the availability of cruises for your choice. next either click on the haven, or suite 2 bedroom and that there will be5 people sailing. it should then be able to give you the total cost at the end. 

some ncl ships have both "haven" suites and suites (not club balcony suites) the suites, while almost identical to the haven cabin, are less costly, although if you book this category, you cant use the dedicated haven pool and restaurant. you do get the other perks, butler, concierge, dining for breakfast and lunch at either cagneys or modernos.  

while i'd always recommend the haven in  a heartbeat, your daughters mind find it more convenient to book 2 club balcony suites next to each other. certainly more privacy for both couples, especially if there is one child

• Like 1

As pointed out the small room is very small.

(Newer ships more balanced)

Not a lot of storage so may need to share the master space

sofa bed get a topper.

When we use those rooms we leave the sofa as a bed just using the space to sleep and bathroom, hang out is in the shared room and courtyard.

Do a trial booking to get costing

I did one in the uk over the weekend and extra passengers were free, sometime it's a few 100.

A couple of options,

split the cost to factor in small room.

Swap over during the cruise.

Remember only 1/2 pax get the option for the beverage which is fine if there are only 2 of the 4 adults that want it.

9 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The price of a stateroom is usually maxed out with double occupancy - no upcharge.

I.E. - Fare is $1000 pp x 2 = $2000.

$2000 would be the total fare (plus port fees gratuities etc.) and adding

more guests to the capacity of the cabin (your haven cabin probably at least 6)

2 guests in master bedroom - 2 guests in 2nd BR - and the child in the convertible lounge couch

in the main room.

Thus 2 primary guests + 2 addition guests and 1 child would be $400 pp x 5 = $2000

Plus those devil in details port fees taxes and any promo gratuities.

Use a real example of Haven 2 br prices.

6 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Remember only 1/2 pax get the option for the beverage which is fine if there are only 2 of the 4 adults that want it.

Is that true for that sailing?   We are on the Epic in a two bedroom Haven Suite with our two young adult children next spring, and we all were given the beverage package.  Previously we were booked on the POA and again, all four of us were given the beverage package.    However, we did only get the specialty dining package for the first two passengers.

19 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Use a real example of Haven 2 br prices.

And I suppose I have to do all the math for you too - breaking it down to the exact decimal

point including all the gratuities perks bonuses port fees taxes - come on get real !

What part of an example do you not get - substitute your own 2BR Haven price using the

cruise - ship - length - itinerary - high or low season fare rate - number of guest occupants

and a host of other variables ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, insidecabin said:

With the current promo, all over 21 get the PBP if selected...

Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Premium Beverage package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.

48 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With the current promo, all over 21 get the PBP if selected...

Premium Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America.
Applicable to guests 1-8 on the reservation. If 3-8 guest is under 21 years of age, Premium Beverage package does not apply and soda package will not be given as a substitution.

Free at sea pricing is different in the UK/EU.

Looks like still only for pax 1&2.

handy to know as it makes the UK/EU/US price comparison important