image.thumb.jpeg.d3802d71aef1174ac1061a1673f9a99c.jpeg

Diamond Plus

image.thumb.jpeg.2ede906ff285415e74fe8b0e4a9f2f6d.jpeg

Pinnacle

image.thumb.jpeg.5d01c2ee5797e3c929a431b2189751bd.jpeg

Youth

image.thumb.jpeg.a24470afc94d0c73bc69b186400b9422.jpeg

On 5/16/2022 at 11:39 AM, twangster said:

I always try to grab a series of pictures so I can keep track of the time of each stage.  Memories fail but the time stamp on the photo doesn't lie.

Just as I snapped this they called self-assist.  I was trying to capture page one but it changed just as snapped it.

QN2205-474.jpg

The line was moving on deck 5.  Time: 6:45am

QN2205-475.jpg

Off the ship.  Time: 6:57am.

QN2205-476.jpg

Exiting the terminal.  Time: 7:00am

QN2205-477.jpg

Uber wanted $66.  Taxi was $50 flat rate.  I jumped in a cab.  The ridesharing pickup is a 5 minute walk from the ship pictured here.  Time: 7:04am (picture taken from cab as we drove past)

QN2205-478.jpg

Traffic at this hour was mostly inbound to downtown.  No traffic on the way to the airport.  

QN2205-479.jpg

Arriving to SeaTac airport.  Time: 7:29am.

QN2205-480.jpg

By 7:50am I had checked in, dropped off my bag, through security and was sitting in the Delta Skyclub.

Loved following your review, thank you.  Can you tell me if the taxi's are right outside the terminal, and do they hold 4 passengers?

15 minutes ago, juhacorno410 said:

Loved following your review, thank you.  Can you tell me if the taxi's are right outside the terminal, and do they hold 4 passengers?

Taxis are in different sizes and shapes.  The Prius taxis probably can't manage the luggage for four guests but there were vans there as well.  

22 hours ago, mianmike said:

Oh no!  We love Ketchikan and hate docking at Ward Cove.  We switched from NCL to RCI thinking that RCI wouldn't stop at Ward Cove. 

Just checked the port calendar and see there are only two ships in Ketchikan when we're scheduled. Whew!

me too but I guess Ketchikan is getting busy.

NCL has built another dock in Icy Point as well.

then again, RCI can not dock in main port at St Thomas as Carnival rules the original port.

who knew or knows what drama goes on behind the scenes for port of call.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

From my understand you meet up with the ship at port. I also was looking at the videos on youtube and could never see the smaller boat as of yet so interested in that answer.

This is what we have been trying to figure out since we booked the excursion. The description on the excursion ends with "Enjoy a variety of complimentary snacks and beverages served by your friendly Alaskan crew as you trace the rugged shores of Stephens Passage on the cruise north to Juneau" which is kind of vague. Are we just heading to Juneau in the same direction as the Quantum and then get back on, or are we taking the small boat all the way to Juneau? I did email the RC shore excursion team, and at least the person who responded to me said that we get back on the ship before hitting Juneau. This also matches the length of the excursion, which is five hours. So if we get on the smaller boat at 7:00, the excursion ends at 12:00, but we don't get into Juneau until 1:00 or 2:00 (also not clear on this time since I found two different times and two part of the RC website), we might be on the ship for an hour or two in between. We're still going to check with the excursion desk when we get on the ship. 

I do hope we get back on the Quantum before getting to Juneau. We have a whale watch excursion booked through an independent company at 2:30 and we want to make sure we'll get there in time. And since we're doing two back to back excursions, including one that starts really early in the morning, I'm hoping to be able to sit down and eat some lunch in between, and maybe change clothes since it's supposed to be a lot colder by the glacier, especially in the morning. If not I guess we'll have to be ready to be out and about all day and hopefully we'll be able to grab lunch in Juneau. 

27 minutes ago, ChanaC said:

This is what we have been trying to figure out since we booked the excursion. The description on the excursion ends with "Enjoy a variety of complimentary snacks and beverages served by your friendly Alaskan crew as you trace the rugged shores of Stephens Passage on the cruise north to Juneau" which is kind of vague. Are we just heading to Juneau in the same direction as the Quantum and then get back on, or are we taking the small boat all the way to Juneau? I did email the RC shore excursion team, and at least the person who responded to me said that we get back on the ship before hitting Juneau. This also matches the length of the excursion, which is five hours. So if we get on the smaller boat at 7:00, the excursion ends at 12:00, but we don't get into Juneau until 1:00 or 2:00 (also not clear on this time since I found two different times and two part of the RC website), we might be on the ship for an hour or two in between. We're still going to check with the excursion desk when we get on the ship. 

I do hope we get back on the Quantum before getting to Juneau. We have a whale watch excursion booked through an independent company at 2:30 and we want to make sure we'll get there in time. And since we're doing two back to back excursions, including one that starts really early in the morning, I'm hoping to be able to sit down and eat some lunch in between, and maybe change clothes since it's supposed to be a lot colder by the glacier, especially in the morning. If not I guess we'll have to be ready to be out and about all day and hopefully we'll be able to grab lunch in Juneau. 

I am on the Quantum currently and at the port talk this morning the presenter said for the Glacier excursion, it will take you back to Juneau where you will arrive before the ship.  He said don't book shore excursions in Juneau departing before 2pm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Btimmer said:

I am on the Quantum currently and at the port talk this morning the presenter said for the Glacier excursion, it will take you back to Juneau where you will arrive before the ship.  He said don't book shore excursions in Juneau departing before 2pm.

Wow interesting thanks for sharing! It's frustrating that despite emailing and calling RC we never seem to get a correct answer. When I called the excursion desk they didn't even know, and didn't seem interested in helping me find the answer. Luckily our whale watch is at 2:30 so hopefully we are good on time, and if we do get dropped off in Juneau at 12:00 we should be able to find something to eat in between. 

And as a note, I know the ship is limited on time because it has to get back to Seattle, but I really wish the glacier viewing and Juneau were two separate days. Seems like there is a lot to do in Juneau, it's a shame we only get half a day there. It's my first Alaska cruise, so if I ever do it again I'll have to look at the port schedule more closely when booking.

• Like 1