Ice Twice???

CruisinNana

4 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

I understand the cabin will be cleaned once a day, but is it possible to get ice twice a day if requested?  (Valor)

Find your cabin steward or any other one, and ask for ice. They will fill it as many times that you need.

You can always call room service to have ice delivered as many times as you need. When you get it from RS, you get a LARGE plastic bucket. From your stateroom attendant, you get the small silver bucket filled. 

I also always bring a soft-sided cooler to put the room service bucket into - helps keep the ice just a touch longer, IMO. 

The ice buckets from the stewards is a standard metal ice bucket like you'd see at a hotel or bar. Room service brings you the "bucket of beer" bucket filled with ice.

You can also get ice 24/7 on your own at the Lido drink stations.

Guest BasicSailor

I've gotten to the point I don't bother the steward for ice or room service. I usually stay somewhere around Lido (Avoiding elevators as much as possible, covid related). So, I just walk out and request one of those beer buckets full of ice. Room service usually takes a while to deliver, and its half melted. Stewards have a way of begging you for extra tips these days (Hope you're enjoying all that extra ice etc.) It's not the tipping part I mind it's just the over kill of it all.

On the Breeze in February we told our room steward we liked to always have ice. He would fill the bucket in the morning when he cleaned and also put a bucket in the refrigerator. That one would melt a little. I wish Carnival would use insulated ice buckets so the ice would last longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

I just wish they would make the ice machines available to pax. I needed ice and was told the steward was off duty. Room service quoted an hour. 

Ice machines are always available on Lido.  I always pack zip-loc bags and if I'm in dire need of ice, I'll go to Lido.  The bags also work great for keeping a few beers iced down.  

Zip the bag closed and leave it in the sink or shower floor.

3 hours ago, Moviela said:

I just wish they would make the ice machines available to pax. I needed ice and was told the steward was off duty. Room service quoted an hour. 

Ice is available 24/7 on Lido.