Capable of using Haven if not in Haven?

Good afternoon, thanks for your help.

We are travelling with my father and have a 2-bedroom Haven suite. He has decided to bring his girlfriend so we looked to see if there were any other Haven rooms that we could switch to (giving them privacy). Unfortunately, the Haven is all sold out so we can't move to another Haven room. Dad is mobility challenged so we decided on the Haven so he wouldnt have to travel very far to get to the amenities.

Do you know if it is possible for us to get a room in a different area of the ship (leaving him and his GF in the current room) and then pay a fee or something to use full Haven amenities? 

Thanks! 

Sorry, no. They are allowed in your stateroom and may pay to eat in the Haven restaurant with approval from the Concierge but all other areas are off limits. Imagine if everyone in the Haven could invite non-Haven passengers to the Haven. It'd no longer be a haven. 😉

The 2 bedroom suite holds 6 people. Can someone sleep on the sofa bed in the living room? 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

We are travelling with my father and have a 2-bedroom Haven suite. He has decided to bring his girlfriend so we looked to see if there were any other Haven rooms that we could switch to (giving them privacy). Unfortunately, the Haven is all sold out so we can't move to another Haven room. Dad is mobility challenged so we decided on the Haven so he wouldnt have to travel very far to get to the amenities.

Do you know if it is possible for us to get a room in a different area of the ship (leaving him and his GF in the current room) and then pay a fee or something to use full Haven amenities? 

Thanks! 

Non-Haven passengers can visit your cabin.  You can host them for drinks and a meal in your cabin.  However, they cannot use common areas such as the bar, courtyard, sundeck, etc.  There are methods to allow non-haven passengers to join a dinner party at the restaurant (for a fee) if given approval from the concierge.  

Not sure what ship you are on and how many you already have in your cabin.  Can you call and add one more person to your 2BR suite?   Then everyone is in the Haven.

We have a Haven 2BR on the Joy in June and there will be 5 of us. (two 55yo's, with three 21+yo's.    It was going to be 6 but my son's GF had to cancel.  The cabins can hold up to 6.  Just a thought..

I get that and suspected it 🙂 We will keep our eyes open and see if a spot opens up. I wish there was a way for us to advertise (in some way) so that a guest who had to buy 2 single rooms could trade with us (and we pay the difference in cost, of course.

I know that won't happen, just would be optimal 🙂 

1 minute ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Non-Haven passengers can visit your cabin.  You can host them for drinks and a meal in your cabin.  However, they cannot use common areas such as the bar, courtyard, sundeck, etc.  There are methods to allow non-haven passengers to join a dinner party at the restaurant (for a fee) if given approval from the concierge.  

Not sure what ship you are on and how many you already have in your cabin.  Can you call and add one more person to your 2BR suite?   Then everyone is in the Haven.

We have a Haven 2BR on the Joy in June and there will be 5 of us. (two 55yo's, with three 21+yo's.    It was going to be 6 but my son's GF had to cancel.  The cabins can hold up to 6.  Just a thought..

Yeah, we are adding his GF to the room. 

• Like 1

Just now, Taishartrueblood said:

I get that and suspected it 🙂 We will keep our eyes open and see if a spot opens up. I wish there was a way for us to advertise (in some way) so that a guest who had to buy 2 single rooms could trade with us (and we pay the difference in cost, of course.

I agree with @JandC_Cruising How many of you are there? Can they stay in the master and you stay in the other bedroom? 

2 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

You may want to talk to your TA and have them keep an eye out for Haven cancellations. They can usually put you on a waiting list. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Thanks! 

It's not going to be possible to pay for separate "Haven access" (or the Haven would be one huge mob scene!).

Please see the posts about paying full price for an extra cabin in addition to paying full fare for everyone in the Haven 2BR suite.  (It can be done, but you need to find a travel agent or PCC who knows how to do this.). Paying twice gets expensive, but it would provide what you want.

I don't suppose you could change to a different date where there is still more Haven availability?

As suggested, have someone keep an eagle eye out for a Haven cancellation.  Things are pretty much in flux these days, and even without Covid, there are occasionally late cancellations.  (We know:  We had to do that twice, within less than 2 weeks to go each time.  Yes, thank goodness we had travel insurance, but some others probably got really good deals on "our" suites at the last minute. 😉 And... we actually were lucky enough to get a DOS at a terrific price at almost the last moment on another cruise!  Point is... it does happen!) 

GC

20 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Thanks! 

Non haven guests can not use the haven. Dad and the GF can have the second bedroom. It has a door and separate bathroom. 

20 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Sorry, no. They are allowed in your stateroom and may pay to eat in the Haven restaurant with approval from the Concierge but all other areas are off limits. Imagine if everyone in the Haven could invite non-Haven passengers to the Haven. It'd no longer be a haven. 😉

The 2 bedroom suite holds 6 people. Can someone sleep on the sofa bed in the living room? 

Very Well Stated. Thank you. Otherwise it's not the Haven.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, JandC_Cruising said:

I wish you good luck with this arrangement...my experience is that it is going to be somewhat crowded.  

On some ships there are suites that are not in the Haven proper that have Haven access and amenities. Look for one of those for yourself and don’t just put your faith in your TA. Look online everyday for a cancelation. Also there might be a chance to upgrade at the last minute.

We hate all being in one room. In February ( NY winter break) we are taking two grand kids and daughter on 8 days to The Bahamas. We will put the little girl and boy in the tiny room with him on the drop down bunk . He’ll enjoy climbing the ladder.And it will work for babysitting.  Our daughter will sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room. She can use our nice shower. They are all excited. I’m traumatized as we usually have that room for ourself. But we wanted to all be in the Haven. On previous sailings, our son and family ( two teens) opted to take two balcony cabins so they would have privacy and two bathrooms. It didn’t work, we never saw them. 

• Like 1