Need a source for proctored covid tests in the USA ... who you using?

BuckeyeMark

RCI has a nice link on their page to the emed/Abbot/NAVICA app tests and we used those recently.  Princess doesn't seem to have a recommended test or partner.  Everybody doing emed or you got another source?

Princess is recommending the same as RCL. In their FAQs (at least of the US) about where to get a test, they have a link to Optum for the Abbott ones where you can get a 2 or 3 pack.  You can order the same tests in a 6 pack from eMed directly.

• Like 1

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

UPDATED: Where can I get a viral COVID-19 test near me?

Contact your nearest health center, pharmacy (including CVS and Walgreens), state health department, or the airport you’re flying out of to learn more about their availability for COVID-19 testing.

For U.S. based vaccinated guests, Princess also recommends a couple of options for FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kits.

Optum offers an at-home antigen test kit ($69.99 for two), which can be ordered and shipped to your door in three business days or less. These at-home tests include a virtual video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order about two weeks prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit online^.

Radeas offers an at-home antigen test kit ($45 each), which can be ordered and shipped to your door for free in five-to-seven business days. The kit includes a telemedicine consultation. Orders can be shipped within one month of your cruise date. Order your Radeas test kit online^.

We understand it may be difficult to obtain a pre-cruise testing appointment. For fully vaccinated guests only, we are able to provide a limited number of antigen tests through a third party partner, at a cost of $60. Reservation are required and may be made up to 10 day in advance with appointments subject to capacity restrictions. Testing will take place on embarkation day at or near the cruise terminal. Visit the DocGo website for more information^.

For U.K.-based guests, Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics™ (£30 each). Order your lateral flow antigen test kit online^.

*This COVID-19 program is available to eligible individuals for $0 out of pocket when billed to a health plan or the government.

^You are now leaving princess.com and navigating to a 3rd party website that is not owned, operated, or controlled by Princess or any of its affiliates.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

UPDATED: Where can I get a viral COVID-19 test near me?

Contact your nearest health center, pharmacy (including CVS and Walgreens), state health department, or the airport you’re flying out of to learn more about their availability for COVID-19 testing.

For U.S. based vaccinated guests, Princess also recommends a couple of options for FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kits.

Optum offers an at-home antigen test kit ($69.99 for two), which can be ordered and shipped to your door in three business days or less. These at-home tests include a virtual video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order about two weeks prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit online^.

Radeas offers an at-home antigen test kit ($45 each), which can be ordered and shipped to your door for free in five-to-seven business days. The kit includes a telemedicine consultation. Orders can be shipped within one month of your cruise date. Order your Radeas test kit online^.

We understand it may be difficult to obtain a pre-cruise testing appointment. For fully vaccinated guests only, we are able to provide a limited number of antigen tests through a third party partner, at a cost of $60. Reservation are required and may be made up to 10 day in advance with appointments subject to capacity restrictions. Testing will take place on embarkation day at or near the cruise terminal. Visit the DocGo website for more information^.

For U.K.-based guests, Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics™ (£30 each). Order your lateral flow antigen test kit online^.

*This COVID-19 program is available to eligible individuals for $0 out of pocket when billed to a health plan or the government.

^You are now leaving princess.com and navigating to a 3rd party website that is not owned, operated, or controlled by Princess or any of its affiliates.

and this is what I get for not doing the reading myself!  THANK YOU!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

and this is what I get for not doing the reading myself!  THANK YOU!

You're welcome!  As you can tell some of us spend way too much time on the Princess site.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, goldiemom said:

After a lot of investigation, I found the following company:

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

The best part is the rapid test kits are the same ones the government sent to households that requested them (I got 4 packages for free!).  So, I only need to pay for the proctoring.

FYI - I got two batches of government tests and those are NOT the ones I got.  The first group was manufactured/distributed by Siemens and the other was from Roche.

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

As you can tell some of us spend way too much time on the Princess site.

I'm another one that appreciates everyone's diligence.  Thank you.  It seems like every day some protocol changes somewhere in the world.

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

We use Emed.com and have been satisfied. 

I've used them four times so far and have a fifth planned for next month.  My opinion is that if you have to test, then this is the best way to go for most people.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goldiemom said:

The best part is the rapid test kits are the same ones the government sent to households that requested them (I got 4 packages for free!).  So, I only need to pay for the proctoring.

This is a great option.  Sounds like you can buy the test through them or use any FDA approved test.  So if you have the Binax Now (self test), you can pay the $20 fee to have a proctored test.

• Like 1

We purchased the BinaxNow and used it at our hotel in London via the hotel's Wi-Fi and our IPhone. The only tests available when we ordered was a 6 pack which cost about $190.00 with tax and shipping- $150.00 for the 6 pack, about $13.00 in tax and about $28.00 for shipping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

We purchased the BinaxNow and used it at our hotel in London via the hotel's Wi-Fi and our IPhone. The only tests available when we ordered was a 6 pack which cost about $190.00 with tax and shipping- $150.00 for the 6 pack, about $13.00 in tax and about $28.00 for shipping. 

Just used them flying home from Italy Wednesday.. worked great.. fast and easy from our hotel room!!  Highly recommend 

I also used Emed Abbott BinaxNow proctored tests.   They were expensive, but I thought what the heck, I'll submit it to my insurance company and see what happens.    They reimbursed everything but the shipping and I've submitted these twice and was sent a reimbursement check both times.   I have UnitedHealthCare.

They are super convenient and no appt necessary and even more importantly, you know you will get your results back in time.

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

I also used Emed Abbott BinaxNow proctored tests.   They were expensive, but I thought what the heck, I'll submit it to my insurance company and see what happens.    They reimbursed everything but the shipping and I've submitted these twice and was sent a reimbursement check both times.   I have UnitedHealthCare.

They are super convenient and no appt necessary and even more importantly, you know you will get your results back in time.

I called our Medicare Advantage Plan and they said since Medicare does not reimburse, it will not be reimbursed. Our current "leader" instructed Medicare to not reimburse, unless it was strictly for medical reasons. Gee, thanks. However, it is worth a try, right?

On 5/14/2022 at 8:42 AM, goldiemom said:

This is so GREAT!  One less thing to worry about for my upcoming trip to Alaska!

On 5/14/2022 at 10:42 AM, goldiemom said:

We have the govt tests and they come two to a box.  Were you able to use those? The box is open and with the emed tests they say not to open the box until the proctor is on.  Well ... we used one of the tests.  The box is open. Is that gonna be okay?

And have you traveled w/these people's certificate yet? It was acceptable?

We used the US free ones from ihealth - orange and white box.   You need 2 boxes for 2 people - they have to see you open the box. 

ihealthlabs.com  $25 per person for the proctored test.  

We used them for our April Grand Princess cruise.  But they don't use smartphones, need a PC/laptop with a camera/microphone, it is web based video - they see you - you only hear them.