Rooftop Garden Grill if it rains?

MDTrip

If you reserve the Rooftop Garden Grill specialty restaurant, what happens if it rains? or is very cold? Does the restaurant have an indoor space? Heaters?

No indoor space.  Depending upon the ship there are covered areas.  When were were on the Edge pre shutdown almost no covered area.  On the Apex there was covering over a good amount.  There were also side panels which break the wind

when we were at RTG on Edge it went from nice weather to a downpour in a matter of minutes. The staff quickly took the guests ( about 12 of us ) down the crew stairs to the Oceanview Cafe.  They got us seated, new drinks delivered and remade all our dinners. 

• Like 1

We were on the Edge last October and the night of our reservation it started pouring down rain 5 minutes before.  When we got there we were told they texted us that our reservation was cancelled due to the weather.  I looked at my phone and yes, they texted us while we were on our way to the RTG!

We booked once for the last night of the cruise, later in the evening. The weather was inclement, so they closed the venue. All the other restaurants were booked and it was too late to eat in the main dining room.So we ended up at the buffet. I was not particularly happy with that. 😉

I am always nervous when I book it and talk to them early in the day if the weather looks uncertain so that I can at least go to main dining.