Alaska cruise tour

Denmal

So we are planning a cruise tour in May.  We are doing lodges first then to the ship.  We are being told that we have to get our own covid test prior to boarding the ship.  Is there anyone on a cruise tour now that can tell me how you managed it.

Thanks

I honestly believe that if you are on a Princess land portion first, that Princess will do the test for you.  We are on DB4 and it is my understanding that they will do it for us.  We are carrying proctered tests for us because we were going to fly home from Vancouver, but at the last minute just changed to Seattle.

Edited by MudderBear

44 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Here's a screen grab of the policy:

image.png.009638e4074119006fd6acb00ad6ec6c.png

You can find it on this page: https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

I read this too but my cruise tour does NOT begin in Canada - we begin in Alaska, Anchorage.  So I am confused .  I think I am going to bring some Emed tests to be safe

3 minutes ago, Denmal said:

I read this too but my cruise tour does NOT begin in Canada - we begin in Alaska, Anchorage.  So I am confused .  I think I am going to bring some Emed tests to be safe

You are definitely confused. You are taking the landtour first so you end with the cruise, disembarking in Canada. That's the penultimate (second-to-last) paragraph in the screen grab I posted.

So, you don't need to do your own testing to board the ship, Princess will take care of that for you.

However, if you are flying back to the US from Vancouver, under the current requirements, you will have to get tested no sooner than one day in advance of your flight. For this you plan to purchase eMed tests is IMHO, a good one. Princess no longer provides this testing. If you are flying back on the same day as disembarkation, they will however, reimburse you.

17 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

You are definitely confused. You are taking the landtour first so you end with the cruise, disembarking in Canada. That's the penultimate (second-to-last) paragraph in the screen grab I posted.

So, you don't need to do your own testing to board the ship, Princess will take care of that for you.

However, if you are flying back to the US from Vancouver, under the current requirements, you will have to get tested no sooner than one day in advance of your flight. For this you plan to purchase eMed tests is IMHO, a good one. Princess no longer provides this testing. If you are flying back on the same day as disembarkation, they will however, reimburse you.

I understand his confusion. I have the same questions. You posted a section of the FAQ with the heading "Do testing requirements differ for cruise or cruisetour itineraries that begin in Canada?" (bolding mine). Princess has cruisetours on the east coast, that begin with a land portion in Canada. You are assuming that the same will apply to cruisetours on the west coast that begin in Alaska. It would be helpful if Princess posted something specific to Alaskan cruisetours, so that we don't have to make assumptions, based on information that may or may not apply.

Our southbound cruisetour begins June 25th, and to date, the only guidance we have received from Princess, is that they will not be able to provide disembarkation testing in Vancouver. Unless we receive specific information from Princess beforehand, we plan to get tested before leaving home. We would rather be safe than sorry.

5 hours ago, hapster85 said:

I understand his confusion. I have the same questions. You posted a section of the FAQ with the heading "Do testing requirements differ for cruise or cruisetour itineraries that begin in Canada?" (bolding mine). Princess has cruisetours on the east coast, that begin with a land portion in Canada. You are assuming that the same will apply to cruisetours on the west coast that begin in Alaska. It would be helpful if Princess posted something specific to Alaskan cruisetours, so that we don't have to make assumptions, based on information that may or may not apply.

Our southbound cruisetour begins June 25th, and to date, the only guidance we have received from Princess, is that they will not be able to provide disembarkation testing in Vancouver. Unless we receive specific information from Princess beforehand, we plan to get tested before leaving home. We would rather be safe than sorry.

5 hours ago, hapster85 said:

Didn't think about east coast cruisetours that include Canada.

That said, it seems to me the penultimate paragraph is kind of an afterthought where they decided to include information for the southbound Alaskan cruisetours that end in Canada.

I didn't at first understand why you'll get tested before leaving home for your southbound cruisetour. You can't use the test to get on the ship and unless your cruisetour is only a day two, it would be too old to use for ship embarkation. Just now realized you're testing to see if you've got the "C" so you can just cancel the whole trip (heaven forbid).