Cameras on waterslides

2 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Are you allowed to take cameras on the water slides (on ship or Coco Cay)?   Thinking Gopro or other waterproof one obviously. 

On the ship they don't allow even watches or Wow bands, on Coco Cay I think you can use a GoPro with the proper strap  

Coco Cay FAQ: 

You are welcome to record your Perfect Day at CocoCay memories with your GoPro camera. However, for your safety, personal electronic devices of any kind are not allowed on any of the following attractions:

• All water slides at Thrill Waterpark

• Adventure Pool in Thrill Waterpark

• Splashaway Bay

• Captain Jill’s Galleon

23 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

they didn't even allow my kid to wear goggles and/or a nose clip on the water slides on Harmony.... He hates the water rushing into his face.

Their rules on the ship vs rules on coco cay are way too strict, I think a little exaggerated. 

4 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

Their rules on the ship vs rules on coco cay are way too strict, I think a little exaggerated. 

That may seem to be, but as I understand it in most cases - at least relative to the activities - the rules are in place based on liability insurance guidelines and not necessarily as determined by the cruise line.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

If you have the figure to conceal the GoPro chest mount under a halter top, go for it.  The attendant will never know.  Just adjust the halter discreetly at the beginning and end of the ride.

GoPro Chesty - Performance Camera Chest Mount

The restrictions (height, goggles,etc) whether insurance or not are too strict.  Aquatica or any other water park are better if you are going on a vacation for slides.  I videoed down the ultimate abyss and didn’t get my camera put away before the bottom and I swear I thought I committed a crime! Common! Have fun!!