New to Celebrity...question about what's included

CruisinShips

Hi all.  Diamond on Royal, but just booked first Celebrity cruise yesterday.  Booked a Celebrity suite.  When I booked online, it said Premium drinks, wifi, and gratuities are "always included", as well as a very generous $800 OBC.

That said, I see no mention of those perks anywhere, and when I look at the online booking receipt, it has a place that says "add gratuities" and again, doesn't mention wifi or drink package either.  Am I missing something?  Are those things automatically included, or was that what the OBC is for?

Thanks in advance.

OBC is above and beyond other items.

Call and ask for detailed invoice if you don't yet have one.  I assume you booked 'online' direct with Celebrity?

When you get a proper invoice, the details will be coded, but we can help you interpret them if needed.

• Thanks 2

This has been discussed a lot recently.  You need to get your TA, or Celebrity if you booked directly, to send you a copy of your Celebrity invoice, generally a pdf file. Everything included will be listed on it.

Otherwise, if you sign into your Celebrity account and look for 'order history' for your cruise you should see your drinks package and wifi listed there (it may take a bit for it to appear after booking, as per my experience). Your Celebrity OBC will be shown at the top of the page. I have not seen that included gratuities show in your account.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Hi all.  Diamond on Royal, but just booked first Celebrity cruise yesterday.  Booked a Celebrity suite.  When I booked online, it said Premium drinks, wifi, and gratuities are "always included", as well as a very generous $800 OBC.

That said, I see no mention of those perks anywhere, and when I look at the online booking receipt, it has a place that says "add gratuities" and again, doesn't mention wifi or drink package either.  Am I missing something?  Are those things automatically included, or was that what the OBC is for?

Thanks in advance.

There's some debate about "always included".  Exactly where did you see this "all included"?  Was it in an official email from Celebrity?  Something you just say on the website?  As others say, you really want something from either your TA or Celebrity saying *exactly* what you booked.

On their website

The best amenities, always included.*

As a guest of The Retreat, you’ll also enjoy a long list of thoughtfully curated amenities that start with five newly added perks*—a shore excursion credit, premium drinks, premium Wi-Fi, tips, and an onboard credit to spend almost any way you like.

49 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Exactly where did you see this "all included"? 

It's just too funny. I only had to look at the side ad in Cruise Critic next to your comment. Interesting, if you go to the Celebrity web page the first thing showing is ' new - cruise only rates' but if you scroll down you see this same ad.

Capture.PNG

Cruise only rates are only available through Celebrity if you call.   They are also not available for AQ and Retreat categories.   I guess they are trying to avoid the confusion (or maintain the high margins).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, travlr21 said:

It's just too funny. I only had to look at the side ad in Cruise Critic next to your comment. Interesting, if you go to the Celebrity web page the first thing showing is ' new - cruise only rates' but if you scroll down you see this same ad.

Capture.PNG

If you are going to the trouble of booking the cruise, get a Booking confirmation that shows the conditions of your booking.  Don't rely on an advertisement you saw on the website.  A common question is about Elevate or Indulge drink packages which would show up on a Booking confirmation.

Edited by zitsky

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Call and ask for detailed invoice if you don't yet have one.  I assume you booked 'online' direct with Celebrity?

Not sure if anyone has tried to call Celebrity for anything but a new reservation lately...but dear Lord.  On hold now for 24 minutes and counting as I type this...just to ask them to email me a confirmation (which I didn't get after my booking) and for them to confirm that which we are discussing in this thread.  Sheesh. 26 minutes now.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Cruise only rates are only available through Celebrity if you call.   They are also not available for AQ and Retreat categories.   I guess they are trying to avoid the confusion (or maintain the high margins).

The TA I sometimes use is allowing you to book them online at their website, so it must only be through Celebrity that you can’t.