Getting to Terragonia from Barcelona.

Hawaiidan

Anyone with experience  getting from Barcelona to Terragonia........Seems O is hitting their rather than  Barcelona port........

Taxi looks like about 140 Euro   and its about 60 miles from town   1.5 hour drive.

There is a bus from the airport but if you are in the city than take the train. The train is takes about an hour and is only $10 to $15. It leaves from the Sants station. You can also take a bus.

I'm betting Hawaiidam has enough on his travel plate these days without adding public transport to get to port.  I would be hitting my roll call to see about sharing a driver/van with individual BCN hotel pick-up to Tarragonia.

• Thanks 1

We are arriving the day before embarkation and decided to stay in Tarragona that night.  We asked the hotel if they would arrange a private transfer for us from BCN...which they did.  Expensive, but worth it to us.  

I’m on my first Oceania cruise in August. We leave from Barcelona, at least I thought so. How do you find out the specific docking locations? My invoice only list the towns, in one case a choice of two (i.e. Amalfi/Positano). Thanks!

6 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

Is it certain that there will be  embarkation and debarking from Tarragonia  in the fall of 2022?

It is up to the port authority

Has you itinerary changed?

If you itinerary shows you will be in Barcelona  you probably will if your  itinerary  show  Tarragona then that is where the ship will dock

of course things can change  by the fall 

image.thumb.png.d02f2adc06c0ddca818fa9e2f7809c88.png

On 5/17/2022 at 3:20 PM, flrose said:

We are arriving the day before embarkation and decided to stay in Tarragona that night.  We asked the hotel if they would arrange a private transfer for us from BCN...which they did.  Expensive, but worth it to us.  

Please ....what was the charge...   O transfer not an option,    Train not an option... walking  not an option..... Private or taxi my only option as I am traveling with a disabled person....   Its not easy  but you do what you have to do....   I will arrive 2 days prior because of the BS testing required... Been to Terragonoa  and its no Jewell to stay in     

We are paying 179 Euros.  Staying at H10 Imperial Tarrraco next to the Roman Coliseum.  Doesn't matter if there's not much to do, acclimating to the time change is all we need to do.  

Consider renting a car.   I just did a pricing via Kayak (Budget is car company) and a minivan is $132.  Pick up at BCN airport and drop off at Tarragona train station.  Roads in Spain are well marked and very well maintained.

I am using this transfer company when our cruise ends in Barcelona in October.    https://www.suntransfers.com/   A minibus with them is 160E - maybe you can find someone to do a share?

Joe

On 5/19/2022 at 5:04 AM, Hawaiidan said:

Private or taxi my only option as I am traveling with a disabled person....   Its not easy  but you do what you have to do....       

Perhaps you don't mean it that way, but you make travel with a disabled person sound like a burden when it can be very rewarding.  It's a two-way street here.  It's not easy for the disabled person either.  Our physically challenged daughter has gone everywhere from the Yukon to the Amazon with us because we wanted the same goal - a great vacation - and were willing to help each other by working together to reach that goal.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Perhaps you don't mean it that way, but you make travel with a disabled person sound like a burden when it can be very rewarding.  It's a two-way street here.  It's not easy for the disabled person either.  Our physically challenged daughter has gone everywhere from the Yukon to the Amazon with us because we wanted the same goal - a great vacation - and were willing to help each other by working together to reach that goal.

great.... your amazing in many ways to me.

Edited by Hawaiidan

On 5/19/2022 at 11:04 AM, Hawaiidan said:

Been to Terragonoa  and its no Jewell to stay in     

I’m sad that this is your opinion of Tarragona.  I spent about 3 weeks there on business back in 2015.  We found it to be a wonderful small city, like a mini Barcelona.  Wonderful restaurants, Roman ruins everywhere including a coliseum.  They have their own La Rambla through the center of town that ends at the Mediterranean, and lovely squares with shops and restaurants and cathedrals.  We wished we had more time off to explore.  It is a place that I would return to on vacation- and some of our cruising friends also enjoyed spending several days there.

I still think about a little shop that sold nothing but Hamon, and you could get sandwiches of hamon and cheese on a croissant there…

Oh and if you needed a fix, they also have a department store El Corte de Ingles… with bottle of good wine for 2+ euros.

my experience, others may vary

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

I’m sad that this is your opinion of Tarragona.  I spent about 3 weeks there on business back in 2015.  We found it to be a wonderful small city, like a mini Barcelona.  Wonderful restaurants, Roman ruins everywhere including a coliseum.  They have their own La Rambla through the center of town that ends at the Mediterranean, and lovely squares with shops and restaurants and cathedrals.  We wished we had more time off to explore.  It is a place that I would return to on vacation- and some of our cruising friends also enjoyed spending several days there.

I still think about a little shop that sold nothing but Hamon, and you could get sandwiches of hamon and cheese on a croissant there…

Oh and if you needed a fix, they also have a department store El Corte de Ingles… with bottle of good wine for 2+ euros.

my experience, others may vary

Glad you liked it..... I was glad to leave   spent a week there in 07

Perhaps Taragona changed between 2007 and 2015?  I'd be willing to try it these days.

Not that I expect to be in Spain anytime soon ...but we always love Barcelona and are willing to get on a train to another destination there.