Covid testing in Rome on Sunday

jtslattery

What have people sorted out for getting covid testing in Rome on Sunday. Current port requirements say 1 day in advance and our ship is leaving on Monday. There are 9 of us and I would prefer to avoid the on line options in case there are technical issues

Hello.  We face a similar issue.    It appears there is testing at the airport  although I have not looked into this as we are in Rome for two days pre cruise.  There are a number of Farmacia who  have testing all over Rome and some are open on a Sunday.  Thus far,  it appears we can turn up without an appointment for an antigen test back in 30 minutes or so, although my search continues as I would prefer to have an appointment booked.  I did email our hotel who gave us the nearest testing Farmacia to our hotel on a Sunday so very helpful.  If you are staying in Rome try this.  

Have a great holiday!

Same here (cruise on a Monday) @dani negreanuhas sourced some pharmacies in Rome that are open on a Sunday. Hopefully she will pop by and advise.

We are going straight to Civataveccia on the Sunday and pharmacies will be shut by the time we are there. We are planning to test at the airport on arrival and have pre registered with the Rome airport website. The only problem is I'm not sure when to prebook our transfer for as don't know how long it will take.

Our hotel has said that pharmacies are open from 0800 am on the Monday as an alternative 

Lots of into on the Italy ports pages of CC

Edited by sgmn

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Same here (cruise on a Monday) @dani negreanuhas sourced some pharmacies in Rome that are open on a Sunday. Hopefully she will pop by and advise.

We're staying near the Pantheon, and those 2 pharmacies were recommended to us for a rapid Covid test (open on Sundays too):

Farmacia della Scrofa, Piazza Cardelli, 6/6a.

Near Pza Navona: Farmacia Tor Millina, Via Tor Millina, 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/17/2022 at 8:14 AM, jtslattery said:

What have people sorted out for getting covid testing in Rome on Sunday. Current port requirements say 1 day in advance and our ship is leaving on Monday. There are 9 of us and I would prefer to avoid the on line options in case there are technical issues

I just noticed Celebrity updated the testing requirements to 2 days ahead of sailing for up to date guests.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:53 AM, Scrst said:

I booked with the Red Cross in Venice.  They had facilities in two major spots in Venice, so might be the same in Rome.  I made appt on line.

I did the same.  I just rebooked for two days prior to the cruise.  I believe they are testing in all major cities in Italy

Same boat here as well, Monday sailing staying near Campo de Fiori.  Now for the elephant in the room, what do you do if you test positive?  Italy requires isolation.  You would certainly miss the cruise.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:53 PM, sgmn said:

We are going straight to Civataveccia on the Sunday and pharmacies will be shut by the time we are there. We are planning to test at the airport on arrival and have pre registered with the Rome airport website. The only problem is I'm not sure when to prebook our transfer for as don't know how long it will take.

Our hotel has said that pharmacies are open from 0800 am on the Monday as an alternative 

Lots of into on the Italy ports pages of CC

Could you not test in UK before you fly out? I've had a quick google, and "observed" tests are approx £20.  I've not bought mine yet, as always hopeful rules will change again.

1 hour ago, *twinkle* said:

Could you not test in UK before you fly out? I've had a quick google, and "observed" tests are approx £20.  I've not bought mine yet, as always hopeful rules will change again.

So my original flight was 0700 the day before, when protocols for Italy was released stating that testing was one day before I changed it to 1630 so we could test in UK. Then they  changed it to two days before so I changed flights back to 0700. 

A few days later it was changed again to one day before. I left it for two weeks , but after worrying that now we would have to test in Italy, I THIS morning changed it back to 1630 !!

Aaaag,  this afternoon they've changed the testing to two days 😳 

Happy for everyone but fed up with all the flip flopping and the added expense of multiple changing of flights. 

I'm just going to leave it now at 1630 flight and test in UK 

The crazy thing we forfill requirement to board with CoR (which we have, our NHS one) but I feel better getting the test done, but they don't make it easy 

Oh no! That's been loadsa hassle @sgmn.  I see lots of US passengers are using tests that are supervised online.  That maybe would have been a solution, rather than relying on pharmacies here/in Italy.

If you have a CoR does that mean Celebrity will test you at the pier instead?  Or no test required at all?

At least we won't need to test to get home! (at the moment anyway)...