Guests Waiting Area in Newark, NJ Airport with Airport Transfers Booked

Hi,

Am a first timer using airport transfer from Newark, NJ Airport to Cruise Port.  I would appreciate if someone let me know where the guests waiting area before boarding the bus.  Am not familiar with Newark, NJ Airport.  Also, my flight is arriving at 6:30 am and the RC Usher may not be at the airport at that time.  Thank you so much for all inputs.

Best regards.

Born-To-Cruise 
Past Cruises: 15-RCI, 3-Carnival, 1-Celebrity and 1-NCL
(funds permitting, always looking forward to great cruises)

2 minutes ago, born-to-cruise said:

Hi,

Am a first timer using airport transfer from Newark, NJ Airport to Cruise Port.  I would appreciate if someone let me know where the guests waiting area before boarding the bus.  Am not familiar with Newark, NJ Airport.  Also, my flight is arriving at 6:30 am and the RC Usher may not be at the airport at that time.  Thank you so much for all inputs.

Best regards.

Born-To-Cruise 
Past Cruises: 15-RCI, 3-Carnival, 1-Celebrity and 1-NCL
(funds permitting, always looking forward to great cruises)

Now this was years ago, no real waiting area at any airport. You just go down where you pick up your luggage and there is a person down there with a Royal Caribbean sign......they show you where to get on the bus or transport, once it fills up you go to the port.

They usually wait until it fills up before leaving, but they can go sooner if they know no one else is coming in for awhile.

The last time I used an RC transfer they didn't start loading the bus until 10am.  I came off a red eye arriving early like you.  

For less than $20 I usually use a ride share service from EWR to Cape Liberty.

Either way you've got some hours to kill before heading to the port.  

We used NJ transfer service for Anthem NYE cruise.

They will pick you up wherever your baggage carousel is. There will be a RCL representative with a clipboard. You can check in with person. Very Easy.

We only had 2 other people using the transport service so they picked us up in a nice Black Sprinter van, very luxurious. Total of 6 ppl in van. NOW this could all have changed now that more ppl are using the transfer service and they are going back to using LARGE charter buses. Those leave as they fill up.

If you are taking a return transfer, it is very disorganized.

You will need to cross the street and walk to where the Buses and pick up transports are. There should be someone in charge that can check you in and who will walk you across the street to a parking lot that is enclosed by a chain link fence.  If there is a bus ready to go, you can get on bus. In our instance the bus was gull so we had to wait inside the converted shipping container's where they finally got us into an UBER driver's car who took us to airport. Remember DO NOT PAY DRIVER as this is already paid for. The clerk will remind driver not to collect monies from you. 

We had a bad experience with driver as he drove like a maniac and did not know his own airport. He was asking me where to go. I said airport and Southwest airlines terminal. But he still drove around lost. Very scary situation. So please know what terminal your airline leaves from!

1. is where you can find transport person when you leave building.
2. is where they made us wait for our transport back to airport. (those are the shipping container turned shelter)

image.thumb.png.1cd76b0fe870072980c0c29afaa3d66d.png

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 3:19 PM, alexgtp said:

We had a bad experience with driver as he drove like a maniac and did not know his own airport. He was asking me where to go. I said airport and Southwest airlines terminal. But he still drove around lost. Very scary situation. So please know what terminal your airline leaves from!

Southwest has had no flights into or out of EWR for more than a year.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 8:05 PM, meadowlander said:

Southwest has had no flights into or out of EWR for more than a year.

OMG you are correct. I only fly southwest.. LOL so naturally I put that in. I meant American Airlines. We flew Southwest 3.5 years ago when we left on Breakaway out of NY.

We are cruising on August 15th and will be coming in a day ahead of time into EWR.  We are spending the night at the Spring Hill Suites which supplies a shuttle from the airport to the hotel.  The day of the cruise we will either Uber or Lyft to the cruise port.

Bill