New Amex Offer - Money Off Celebrity Cruise

greatestvalue

Thanks! Signed my card up but not sure how to spend the money. The one excursion I’d like to sign up for is fully booked. Need to reread the restrictions. 

Edited by 5waldos

• 1 month later...

I received a similar offer, spend £1000 and get £150 back on my UK AMEX Gold and British Airways Premium cards. The offer appeared on both main and supplementary cards and with just over £3000 left to pay I used the offer three times navigating via the celebritycruises.com/amex (clearing cookies between visits) to make three separate transactions each for a little over £1000 with each receiving £150 off, £450 in total. Nice offer!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joel__r said:

I received a similar offer, spend £1000 and get £150 back on my UK AMEX Gold and British Airways Premium cards. The offer appeared on both main and supplementary cards and with just over £3000 left to pay I used the offer three times navigating via the celebritycruises.com/amex (clearing cookies between visits) to make three separate transactions each for a little over £1000 with each receiving £150 off, £450 in total. Nice offer!

Well done! I received the offer too first time I’ve had it on my card.

unfortunately our next X cruises are b2 b in September and are fully paid for, also they were booked through an American agent so don’t think they would of counted.If the testing pre cruise was dropped I’d book a last minute with Celebrity UK in a heartbeat.Dianne

Sadly my last reservation not paid in full is with a big box TA that doesn't take AMEX.  I am getting a huge shopping card, so there's that.  I did use a similar offer on Oceania.  Different TA. 

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Sadly my last reservation not paid in full is with a big box TA that doesn't take AMEX.  I am getting a huge shopping card, so there's that.  I did use a similar offer on Oceania.  Different TA. 

Buy yourself refundable OBC directly from Celebrity and cash it out at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

The only cruise related offers I currently have for my platinum card are NCL (spend $500 get $125 back) and Regent Seven Seas Cruises (get +5 Membership Rewards points per eligible dollar spent).

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 6:01 PM, greatestvalue said:

Can always book a new cruise...LOL 

Also, you can "move" that deposit to a different cruise as long as you use the same reservation number.

We had that experience - booked a cruise, used the "spend $500 get $$$ back" but then needed to cancel that first cruise. We moved the entire deposit and reservation number to a new cruise and everything was fine.

Just don't cancel that first cruise entirely or you lose that extra $$$.