Parking Southampton?

Tillylovesseabourn

Cruising  from Southampton for the first time. Could anyone tell me please, which is the closest parking to the ship? Not concerned about price, just need to be as close as possible for aged parent to board ship. Also what is currently the procedure when driving to port re testing and priority boarding QG?

many thanks

You leave your car with CPS, take your luggage to the luggage drop off, and stroll to the terminal, just a few yards, asking the first member of staff you see where the Grills queue is. You get your own test either that morning or the day before, not at longer at the Terminal, thank heavens.

• Like 1

Another vote for CPS, 👍 been using them for many years. It's a no brainer looking for any other company just to save  a pound or two !   Just drive up and walk a couple of yards to the terminal, hand over your car key to the meet & greet CPS agent . 

On disembarkation out of the terminal,  again just a few yards walk to collect your car .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tillylovesseabourn said:

Brilliant, thanks. So if we do lateral flows the day before we can board straight away? No tests at port now? Thanks 

No tests at port, but may well still be queues, I'm afraid, if too many people turn up at the same time. That's why it's important to find out where the Grills queue is.

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Another vote for CPS, 👍 been using them for many years. It's a no brainer looking for any other company just to save  a pound or two !   Just drive up and walk a couple of yards to the terminal, hand over your car key to the meet & greet CPS agent . 

On disembarkation out of the terminal,  again just a few yards walk to collect your car .

It can be considerably more than a £1 or £2 comparing to Parking4Cruises which is virtually the same operation especially on longer cruises.

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It can be considerably more than a £1 or £2 comparing to Parking4Cruises which is virtually the same operation especially on longer cruises.

Parking 4cruises is a completely different concept to CPS ..... and you know that.

I'd rather walk a couple of yards into the terminal after dropping my car off , rather than a lengthy  walk from and to the  'Short Stay Car Park',  which at some of the cruise terminals at Southampton is a lot more that a 'few yards'   

I agree with all the comments about CPS, we have used them for years.

However, a word of caution, we turned up at Southampton docks on 20th February 2022 for a QE voyage at about 1215.  I guess there were about 30/40 cars ahead of us and there were drivers to take the cars away standing around all over the place, but only one check-in person.  We were told not to get out of the car and had to sit there for 45 minutes.  After a two-hour journey to the docks we had an urgent need! Just as we left the car I did see one other check-in person turn up.

They gave no explanation when I asked except to say that they were short of check-in staff!  It was a Sunday so I did wonder whether staff didn’t like working that day or whether there was some other reason like staff sickness or some cost saving measure?

I do hope CPS is back to normal service.  Our next embarkation is in June.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

I agree with all the comments about CPS, we have used them for years.

However, a word of caution, we turned up at Southampton docks on 20th February 2022 for a QE voyage at about 1215.  I guess there were about 30/40 cars ahead of us and there were drivers to take the cars away standing around all over the place, but only one check-in person.  We were told not to get out of the car and had to sit there for 45 minutes.  After a two-hour journey to the docks we had an urgent need! Just as we left the car I did see one other check-in person turn up.

They gave no explanation when I asked except to say that they were short of check-in staff!  It was a Sunday so I did wonder whether staff didn’t like working that day or whether there was some other reason like staff sickness or some cost saving measure?

I do hope CPS is back to normal service.  Our next embarkation is in June.

In April, we had almost the opposite problem. Again, an awful lot of people had turned up together. While there were enough people to check us in, we had to wait some considerable time for the drivers to reappear. The previous cruise, before Covid, we were the only car. Quite a change.

4 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Parking 4cruises is a completely different concept to CPS ..... and you know that.

I'd rather walk a couple of yards into the terminal after dropping my car off , rather than a lengthy  walk from and to the  'Short Stay Car Park',  which at some of the cruise terminals at Southampton is a lot more that a 'few yards'   

It certainly isnt a lengthy walk from short stay car parkand I know that and generally because not so many use P4C than CPS because most have free car parking option you dont have to wait to be seen too.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone booked CPS Southampton for a B2B cruise?

we are booked on a 10 night then the following 4 night on QV 

we phoned CPS who say we have to have 2 separate bookings thus making our total for 14 nights £195 when usually for a 14 night cruise we’ve paid £162 really disappointed with CPS as we would use them for 6+ cruises every year.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, Tillylovesseabourn said:

Cruising  from Southampton for the first time. Could anyone tell me please, which is the closest parking to the ship? Not concerned about price, just need to be as close as possible for aged parent to board ship. Also what is currently the procedure when driving to port re testing and priority boarding QG?

many thanks

Hi, I see it’s a bit since this first post but just wanted to add that sometimes the ship can return to a different terminal from the one that you departed. It came as a bit of a surprise when it first happened to us and we were only informed near the end of our cruise! 

You can check out the terminals your ship will use on the website ….

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk//Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

If you do use CPS they will transfer your car to the new terminal for your collection. 

Hope the link works….🙂

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tillylovesseabourn said:

CPS booked,thanks everyone for input.

You are very wise ! I wouldn't  book with any other company- been using them for many years 👍  ( fourth time post pandemic)