DOES RC OFFER SHIP OR GALLEY TOURS??

The Ovation for Alaska didnt offer any the week of may 5th

the galley and bridge tour was do to Covid

the Behind the scenes entertainment for D+ was do to dancers being delayed with Visa issues and didnt get  to install the new show

A couple of upcoming cruises have the All Access   tours for sale via the cruise planner.   I was surprised to see it offered.  I'll check the dates.     Seems covid only cancels free  ship tours not those that cost extra.  

M

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

A couple of upcoming cruises have the All Access   tours for sale via the cruise planner.   I was surprised to see it offered.  I'll check the dates.     Seems covid only cancels free  ship tours not those that cost extra.  

M

December is a long ways away.  They’ll probably cancel these IMO.  If Covid continues to hang around these tours will be a thing of the past.  

Same here. Next week's cruise has had the tour cancelled and cost was refunded. 

I think they were hoping, like all of us, that the numbers stay down. But they are climbing once again and they just want everyone to be safe and healthy. Maybe the Dec sailing will be OK? Maybe not until spring? Will catch it whenever it is back on.

6 hours ago, catergirl said:

Just wondering if RC offers ship or galley tours onboard? thanks martha

Tours were available pre-covid. But dirty passengers have not been allowed in the crew areas since restart. With the continuing pandemic, it is unlikely that they will be offered until next year.

Over on the other cruise line, they have just restarted their dinners with ships officers, but continue to prohibit passengers from touring crew areas. 

• 2 weeks later...

I assume the galley, bridge and backstage tours for suite guests are still not being offered? Specifically on Voyager.

Also, as a side question, the suite perks listing mentions "suite party invitation", are these a go and what exactly are they?

18 minutes ago, Shiraus82 said:

Also, as a side question, the suite perks listing mentions "suite party invitation", are these a go and what exactly are they?

A small party for GS and up with some finger food and drinks with some upper-level ship staff. Don't recall anyone reporting these (or the others you mentioned) being available since COVID.

Edited by Biker19

5 hours ago, Shiraus82 said:

the suite perks listing mentions "suite party invitation", are these a go and what exactly are they?

We did not get these on every cruise pre-covid, and none since.  Too bad.  I really liked them as we often had a small crowd and it was nice to be able to talk to the crew in a relaxed environment.

We loved the galley tour.  It was very informative and they served us a lot of food along the way.  I know these type tours were suspended "because...COVID", but now, I suspect they are not offered due to staff shortages.  Maybe someday they will return.