Infinite Verandas on Edge

TxnAquarian

I just made final payment on my Edge cruise - my first cruise since before the pandemic! I have been watching a lot of videos on the rooms and looking at the deck plans, but I can't figure out if every veranda room is an infinite veranda. We are in an A1 Aqua Class. Are there any traditional verandas on this ship or are they all infinite? I'm not sure I'm crazy about the design and I prefer using my veranda to sun instead of going to outside decks. Do you all like this new design?

Michael

9 minutes ago, TxnAquarian said:

I just made final payment on my Edge cruise - my first cruise since before the pandemic! I have been watching a lot of videos on the rooms and looking at the deck plans, but I can't figure out if every veranda room is an infinite veranda. We are in an A1 Aqua Class. Are there any traditional verandas on this ship or are they all infinite? I'm not sure I'm crazy about the design and I prefer using my veranda to sun instead of going to outside decks. Do you all like this new design?

Michael

All of them are infinite with the exception of Suites.

Most Verandas on Edge class are Infinite Verandas. All Aqua (and Concierge) verandas are indeed IVs. As for the others, the Sunset Verandas are very popular, and there are a few regular veranda cabins (near the bow or the stern) having small verandas within the hull. I sailed in an IV on the first Edge transatlantic, so I had 15 nights to assess. There are pros and cons. My DH liked it a little better than I did, but I would certainly book one again. That said, my next cruises (Apex b2b) will be in a Sunset Veranda.

Congratulations on your return to cruising. We’ve had two in the past 7 months, one of them on Edge. She’s a beautiful ship. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TxnAquarian said:

Michael

They divide opinion more than any other aspect of cruising Celebrity. You will have one in your Aqua Class room. If you don't want one you need to consider changing to a Sunset Verandah if there's any left as they're very popular or upgrade to a sky suite. 

5 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

They divide opinion more than any other aspect of cruising Celebrity. You will have one in your Aqua Class room. If you don't want one you need to consider changing to a Sunset Verandah if there's any left as they're very popular or upgrade to a sky suite. 

Very unlikely that he’d be able to change to an SV as he’s past final payment and Aqua class  prices are higher. Sky Suite prices after final payment will be pretty high. Maybe a MoveUp bid? Anyway, there are benefits to an IV, though admittedly sunning on one’s own veranda isn’t one of them.

1 hour ago, TxnAquarian said:

Michael

No. We would prefer the non infinite balcony's. 

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful feedback! I am not crazy about the idea of this infinite veranda, but I do like Aqua Class and Blu. All of these photos are so helpful to give me an idea of room types on the Edge Class. 

On 5/28/2022 at 10:38 AM, Alakegirl said:

Thats not true.  There are verandahs that are set “in the hull”

But not for Aqua Class and that's what the OP was referring to.

There was an extensive discussion about these styles of rooms recently.

Once you get used to them they are just like a normal verandah. 

Getting used to them is the issue.

Just come off reflection and we loved having a traditional one.

But we were on Edge in 2019, and I still loved it.

But Edge is such a beautiful ship it more than makes up for it.

• Like 1