New Longitudinal Expedition World Cruise

Twitchly

OK, world cruisers — time to sign up for the new 2023 expedition world cruises. Looks like a great trip, from Canada to Antarctica. I want to be able to live vicariously through you, so please don’t delay! 

• Like 2

I'd like to see an Expedition  size ship head to Greece and the Isles and Croatia!  Smaller ship could get us into some smaller ports!  I wonder if there are plans to build more?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, deec said:

I'd like to see an Expedition  size ship head to Greece and the Isles and Croatia!  Smaller ship could get us into some smaller ports!  I wonder if there are plans to build more?

We would sign up for a cruise like that in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deec said:

Dee - brilliant idea, as some of the smaller ports are spectacular.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, Twitchly said:

time to sign up for the new 2023 expedition world cruises. Looks like a great trip, from Canada to Antarctica. I want to be able to live vicariously through you, so please don’t delay! 

I got the email about this yesterday

Longitudinal World Cruise I
65 days | 9 countries | Buenos Aires to Milwaukee

1 March 2023 departure
From £38,795 per person

Embark on a grand voyage across the Americas as you sail from 'the end of the world' to the Great Lakes. Experience epic wildlife encounters and awe-inspiring landscapes.

View Itinerary

Itinerary 2

Longitudinal World Cruise II
71 days | 9 countries | Minnesota to Ushuaia

11 September 2023 departure
From £41,995 per person

Join Viking Polaris on a grand voyage spanning the waterways and oceans of the New World and Antarctica. Call on culture-rich cities across two continents and revel in the opportunity to experience the striking landscapes of Antarctica, the 'Last Continent.'

The  cruise mentioned is Longitudinal World Cruise II which departs Duluth , Minnesota, USA.

I panicked because the email says for this cruise  the Polaris departs Duluth on 11 September 2023 and I have just booked the Great Lakes cruise on Polaris departing Duluth on 12 September, and I had visions of arriving at the harbour on 12 September in Duluth to find Polaris left the previous day. 

However it seems the date on the email is wrong, the website for the  Longitudinal World Cruise II shows it departing on 12 September.

So it seems that those on the Great Lakes cruise will disembark in Toronto while some of the passengers continue down the east USA coast, through the Panama canal, down the west South American coast to Antarctica.

Or @Twitchly, is the cruise being advertised in the USA as starting in Toronto? That would deliver all those cabins freed up by people like me on the Great Lakes cruise?

I don't fancy cruise because 1) I don't want to be in cold places, 2) the seas at Cape Horn can be very rough - as Wikipedia says The waters around Cape Horn are particularly hazardous, owing to strong winds, large waves, strong currents and icebergs.

my understanding at least in Antarctica it will be free.  not sure if everyone will get an opportunity and if that happens it will be very disappointing.