Any spicy food on board?

I love spicy food, especially with margaritas, pina coladas, etc.  I am hoping I do not have to go a full week without spiciness!  

Are there any dishes in WJ/MDR that are known for being spicy?  Or other restaurants on board?

I have pretty high spice tolerance--ghost peppers, habaneros, etc.  Sriracha would be mild-medium, for reference.

If not, can we pack hot sauce?

Agree with both Sms1973 and neverbeenhere...spicy chicken wings at Playmakers...I had sweat coming down my forehead and tears out of my eyes.

Nothing spicy in the WJ or MDR...but they'll probably accomodate you if you ask. (For cook-to-order pasta, I usually ask for garlic and red pepper flakes)

Yes, might be best to pack your own if your taste is high on the Scoville scale.

You can usually ask your waiter in the MDR if there is a curry option available “off menu”.  There may be one available on menu as a vegan/veggie option as well.  The crew nearly always have a curry available in the crew mess, and if you’re nice to your waiter he might be willing to bring up a serving (with the fixings of naan/raita) if you’re lucky.  Some of the best curries I’ve tasted are on board a ship when the chefs are allowed to do what they do best … unfortunately it’s now rare that they are given that freedom.  Once upon a time NCL would offer a special luncheon of multiple curry options, once a cruise, but haven’t seen that for a long time.

I’ve read that trips originating in the UK often have a daily curry option on the menu - this ex-Brit wishes they would extend that option.  North American lines in particular RRCL seem obsessed with having identical options over all their ships sailing in North America.

I like a good Vindaloo or Tindaloo and will even chow down on a Phall 🌶

For sure you can get a truly spicy curry on most RCCL ships

We had a Vindaloo 🌶🌶🌶 and a Tikka Masala 🌶 with Rice, Naan Pappadums and chutneys with mint yogurt  on our last cruise on Harmony.

Also recently had a Tindaloo a couple of weeks back on Indy.

Don’t be afraid to ask, the worst they can say is no.

But in our experience, they typically accommodate and the portions are huge

YMMV

Happy Days!

Here is a curry platter we had out on our Balcony one lunch time 

3AD6139E-96E9-41FF-B560-084021EF04ED.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor