Did Cruise Next certificates get extended for everyone?

zacdilone

We had four certificates set to expire in February of 2023. I just logged into our account and it now says they expire in February of 2025.

I'm hoping this is real and not some sort of glitch! 🙂

15 minutes ago, zacdilone said:

We had four certificates set to expire in February of 2023. I just logged into our account and it now says they expire in February of 2025.

I'm hoping this is real and not some sort of glitch! 🙂

I noticed the same thing the other day, ours changed from December 2023 to December 2025.  I didn't receive any notification, not sure when they were changed, but it had to be within the last month or so. We just used them for our next cruise in March 2023.  

19 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Not a glitch, I think it was done in 2021.

it was, and I think there was a thread on it as I had some that were extended so I commented on that but I can't find it right now.

We had CNC that we purchased in Jan 2019 & was set to expire Jan 2023 ... they're extended, I recall, this January (2022) automatically - didn't have to do anything, call or request - by 2 years, reset the new expiration/sail by date to Jan 2025 instead - right around the winter Covid-19 surge and cancellations, etc.  NCL didn't email or otherwise notify us either but we saw that once signed into MyNCL account.  It might've set in motion a fresh round of email & calling/voice messaging from just about PCC to get to boost their sales target.  

Not a glitch and it is for real ... but, we've already applied or used it on a new booking, it's "gone" - which the CruiseNext team onboard were cheerfully eager & waiting to help us buy more ... citing long lines on the prior sailing 🤣 🤣 🤣   The line was, in fact, much longer & moved a lot slower at Guest Services. 

Enjoy the 2 year extension given.  

Thank you for the heads up, mine were extended also!  I had been trying to figure out when/how to use them.  We want to cruise, but a couple kinks in the plans have happened with elderly parents and just not going this year.   Now not so nervous, worrying about getting them "used"  Will have a bit more time to make plans!

NCL announced this in February this year.

As a token of our appreciation and in recognition of time lost due to our suspension of voyages, any CruiseNext deposit that was purchased between January 1, 2018 and March of 2020 has now been granted a final extension of two additional years from the original book by and sail by date.

Note the 'final extension' wording - you MAY have difficulty getting an extension to use them for a cruise beyond the new expiration date, even if booking before the expiration.  Using them for a cruise after the expiration date has technically been considered an extension as they're a "book and sail by" expiration...

Thank you so much! I just checked and mine that were set to expire on 12/31/2022 now expire on 12/31/2023.  Back in March, we requested an exception to use them in 2023 and the request was rejected, so this is a welcome surprise that means we might actually get to use them!