Water for shore excursions

So, I have survived 17 days without spring water. The Vero on board does not cause any water retention and tastes okay if chilled. I prefer spring water but certainly understand the reason behind Regent’s decision. Lots less waste. 

• Like 2

Sigh.  I'll skip it until I know more.  My immunity is a bit low, and I don't need to add mycobacteria to the mix.  Those flourish in water tanks, pipes and taps, which is why I avoid tap water and ice most places, avoid hot tubs, and keep showers short.  Oh, well.

7 hours ago, ysolde said:

Does anyone know whether we are allowed to bring a case of spring water from port?  Or does Regent not allow that?

I’m sure it’s allowed. Regent is not one to restrict things like that. I’ve just never seen it done. The Vero water is ultra-filtered so is probably lower in microbes than most bottled waters, many of which have been found (at least in the past) to contain more bacteria than the tap water in several major cities.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 4:03 PM, wishIweretravelling said:

I’m sure it’s allowed. Regent is not one to restrict things like that. I’ve just never seen it done. The Vero water is ultra-filtered so is probably lower in microbes than most bottled waters, many of which have been found (at least in the past) to contain more bacteria than the tap water in several major cities.

Then it's good news no matter what I end up drinking!  Thank you!