5/29/22 Oasis- 5,100 passengers

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

they ran a lot of kids sail free sales lately. The staff on grandeur already knew kids onboard jumping to 500 all the sudden. Several  mentioned it to me. I think cdc lowered it to 90% for unvaccinated plus more kids over age 5 are vaccinated now. More kids are boarding. I dont think the usual summer premium in price was there, at least not a few months ago. Prices were good.

Someone on one of my roll calls asked about Giovanni and it's open sea days. Mdr open sea days, not port days on my last group. Crowds and lines are back. My last feedback I said I think they should discontinue the raffle, 300 to 400 in a closed hallway packed body to body is a covid spreader. I felt safe then rest of the time ... just that one time. And no I dont do raffles. The store closed the night before and told me they would reopen the next morning at 1030. I didnt anticipate a raffle first. 

First night in Mdr was the worst on mine too. 2 hours typical. I did WJ first night and showed up 2nd night in Mdr to meet my table. First night was a zoo. 

Rcl is back!! Good news for stock holders. 

Can't imagine 500 kids on Grandeur, what the heck do they do on the ship to keep them engaged, happy. That ship is not kid friendly.

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't imagine 500 kids on Grandeur, what the heck do they do on the ship to keep them engaged, happy. 

The same thing that kids did 20+ years ago when "kid friendliness" had a different context?

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

We had 5100 two weeks ago on the Oasis, and we didn’t think it was any worse than before. 

Then again, we noted the MTD issues pre-pandemic, and eat early. That 8:00 issue has been around for many years. Even at Coastal Kitchen. 

16 hours ago, Kikkib said:

We are on now and it’s crazy crowded. 2 hours to eat dinner. Poor waiter kept apologizing saying they are super busy  and bringing us appetizers. He told us there are 5,100 passengers and they can have 5,400. I really feel so bad for the crew on here. Long waits to get into windjammer for breakfast and lunch. They don’t seem to have the same variety as pre Covid. The line for El loco fresh had to be a hundred people. It stretched all the way back to pool area.  Ice cream line crazy long too. I’m so happy to be cruising again and am in no way complaining I’m just giving a heads up to anyone cruising Oasis in the near future.

We were told 5700.   I agree there are a lot of pax, but I haven't felt elbow to elbow.   We opted for traditional dining,  and glad we did. We see the MTD lines nightly as we leave deck 3 dr. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Submariner said:

<Shudder> 24 days til I'm on that ship ... glad I changed from MTD to Traditional...

Don't stop shuddering yet, lol! I always request Early Traditional Seating and have received MTD or late seating on at least half of my recent cruises. 

26 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Don't stop shuddering yet, lol! I always request Early Traditional Seating and have received MTD or late seating on at least half of my recent cruises. 

I originally had MTD and got our  whole party of 8 changed to traditional by emailing the dining @ rcl email address. Someone there changed it pronto! and I was much obliged 🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I am well aware of the dates for each season.

However, many refer to the Summer season as the time when school is out.

Memorial day - Labor day.

Up north they still have another month of school. Don't know when the south finishes. I would say soon since they start earlier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like you should still pack twice as much money as you were planning to take, half as much clothes but pack much more Patience for  your month long sailings. Sounds like you are going to need it and then some.

Don't envy you at all.

I'm sure you are paying premium for these summer sailings but getting 1/2 the service isn't fun.

We had 2 cruises cancelled so this is our 3rd and kept the same price as the first so we did very well. We have always gone in the summer when the kids were off. People who go all the time don't have the patience as the rest of us who truly appreciate getting away. I plan to just roll with it and just drink lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Here in the northeast school doesn’t get out until the last week of June! So no, it isn’t summer yet.

• Like 3

Two suggestions:

If possible go early for breakfast and lunch, wherever you go.  

If you stay with MTD, you have more flexibility with the time you eat, BUT stick with the same time, table, and waiter.  By the third night you can just go in and bypass the line.  The podium manager at the entrance will help you.

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Up north they still have another month of school. Don't know when the south finishes. I would say soon since they start earlier.

I was thinking about that as well…..the worst may be yet to come. 

51 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I was thinking about that as well…..the worst may be yet to come. 

Yeppers! Florida is out this week (May 24 - June 3) with the exception of 3 counties which go until June 7-9.

14 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Not here in Jersey.   Schools, for the most part, are done June 17.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 6:41 PM, Another_Critic said:

I enjoyed my Oasis sailing in mid October with 3100 passengers.  🙂

My Sept Oasis was only 1,700, Oct was 2174.   I was GLORIOUS!   (in my Will Farrel voice from Old School).