Persistence finally pays off!

I feel like I hit the jackpot today. I've been disappointed that all of the Mahogany Bay cabanas were already taken by the time we booked our Mardi Gras cruise coming up on June 25th. I booked the Ultimate Beach package instead, but I've had my heart set on one of the cabanas since the last time we were there. So twice a day, every day, for the last three months I have been checking to see if by chance someone might cancel a cabana. I had just about given up hope, until...

BAM! Today I opened up my cruise planner to check excursions and there it was! One bright, shiny cabana waving at me! I don't think I've ever typed my credit card number so fast in all my life! 🤣 

My excursion wish list is now complete. I'll just be over here doing my Happy Dance! 💃

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Good for you! We were just there on the Mardi Gras and had a Beach cabana as well. Third time we've had one there. We love them as well! 🤗

I've been reading your review and Willdra's and they are making me so excited!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I feel like I hit the jackpot today.

Hooray!!  I'm thrilled for you. Whenever possible, we rent a cabana.  Dh hates sitting right on the beach.    I remember having to wait it out prior to our first  cabana and typing like mad when one suddenly popped up.  

• Like 2

I hope this isn't a super dumb question, but where do you go to book those? I don't even see the MB beach excursions for any of my cruises... I know I've booked the basic beach one before that includes the flying chairs, but that was several years ago and I just realized I don't see any of that under Roatan excursions. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

I hope this isn't a super dumb question, but where do you go to book those? I don't even see the MB beach excursions for any of my cruises... I know I've booked the basic beach one before that includes the flying chairs, but that was several years ago and I just realized I don't see any of that under Roatan excursions. 

You would find them under Shore Excursions in your Cruise Planner, but if it's for your Vista cruise in February 2023 they probably just haven't released them yet. Are any other excursions showing up for your ports, or is it just Roatan that's missing?

• Like 1

Since there are only two of us, I am wondering if the MB cabana is really worth it?  Other than a private place to get out of the sun, any other goodies that make this a must do?  Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Since there are only two of us, I am wondering if the MB cabana is really worth it?  Other than a private place to get out of the sun, any other goodies that make this a must do?  Thanks. 

It's just the two of us as well (DH and me), but we are getting it because that end of the beach is less crowded since it's reserved for the cabanas. DH is a bit crowd-averse, so being practically shoulder-to-shoulder in beach loungers with hundreds of our fellow passengers isn't really his idea of relaxing (same reason we get balcony cabins so he has somewhere to escape).

The cabanas are also closer to the better snorkeling. Plus we will have food and beverage service. All in all, definitely worth it for our needs and wants.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

You would find them under Shore Excursions in your Cruise Planner, but if it's for your Vista cruise in February 2023 they probably just haven't released them yet. Are any other excursions showing up for your ports, or is it just Roatan that's missing?

There are plenty of excursions listed, just none for the Carnival beach area. I'm sure you're right, and those just get posted closer to sailing. We usually do our own thing in Roatan so I've never looked for them, but I'll have to remember to go and check this time closer to the cruise. I'm just curious now about the cabanas that y'all keep talking about. 🙂

8 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

There are plenty of excursions listed, just none for the Carnival beach area. I'm sure you're right, and those just get posted closer to sailing. We usually do our own thing in Roatan so I've never looked for them, but I'll have to remember to go and check this time closer to the cruise. I'm just curious now about the cabanas that y'all keep talking about. 🙂

I just remembered this happened when we first booked our cruise for this month. Lots of excursions were listed for Roatan, but the Mahogany Beach options were all missing. I had a mini-panic attack. Then they showed up a few weeks later. Whew!

• Like 1

We were there on the Glory at the same time as the Mardi Gras and there were literally no beach chairs available when we got to the beach by late morning. I couldn't believe how crowded it was. We finally found a spot at a picnic table at the end of beach area. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise, J.D. said:

We were there on the Glory at the same time as the Mardi Gras and there were literally no beach chairs available when we got to the beach by late morning. I couldn't believe how crowded it was. We finally found a spot at a picnic table at the end of beach area. 

Wow! Makes me feel even more relieved that we snagged a cabana!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

Thanks for the info.  Guess we will keep our MB cabana, unless one opens up on the Mardi Gras.  We loved our Loft 19 cabana so much we only got off the ship in the D.R.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

It's just the two of us as well (DH and me), but we are getting it because that end of the beach is less crowded since it's reserved for the cabanas. DH is a bit crowd-averse, so being practically shoulder-to-shoulder in beach loungers with hundreds of our fellow passengers isn't really his idea of relaxing (same reason we get balcony cabins so he has somewhere to escape).

The cabanas are also closer to the better snorkeling. Plus we will have food and beverage service. All in all, definitely worth it for our needs and wants.

Agree with everything you said! 😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Thanks for the info.  Guess we will keep our MB cabana, unless one opens up on the Mardi Gras.  We loved our Loft 19 cabana so much we only got off the ship in the D.R.  

Oooo this is great to read. We just got a sale price offer on a Mardi Gras cabana for the whole week of our cruise in October and decided to go for it. I was still wondering if it was really necessary but we hate the struggle for getting a deck chair of choice before they all get covered in towels. Having one place reserved the whole cruise (plus the amenities) seemed worth it but it's really good to read something like this to make me feel better about the money spent. 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, karmamule said:

Oooo this is great to read. We just got a sale price offer on a Mardi Gras cabana for the whole week of our cruise in October and decided to go for it. I was still wondering if it was really necessary but we hate the struggle for getting a deck chair of choice before they all get covered in towels. Having one place reserved the whole cruise (plus the amenities) seemed worth it but it's really good to read something like this to make me feel better about the money spent. 😄

I keep looking for our September cruise, but nothing has showed up.  We loved it!