Uploading Covid vaccination proof

minster123

Hi just wondering if anyone’s checked in online recently for celebrity cruise. We are cruising from Rome in July just done the online check-in for the entire family and not been asked for any Covid vaccination proof. I was under the impression I would have to upload this? Is that not the case? Do I just provide them at the port? Little bit confused! Thank you

6 minutes ago, minster123 said:

Hi just wondering if anyone’s checked in online recently for celebrity cruise. We are cruising from Rome in July just done the online check-in for the entire family and not been asked for any Covid vaccination proof. I was under the impression I would have to upload this? Is that not the case? Do I just provide them at the port? Little bit confused! Thank you

Did you use the app, or the Celebrity website?  I found that using the check-in on the app, that is where I was asked to upload my vaccination record card.  That request is no where to be found checking on on the Celebrity website, which is where I initially checked in.

Far as I know and have done in the U.S., just show all these docs at the ship at check-in and they photo whatever they need; doesn't take any time and saves trying to download and having problems.

I just checked in online on a computer today and again, I will just take all the docs to the ship at check-in and they can photo whatever they like. 

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, minster123 said:

Upload on the app but you will also need to show your information at check-in also. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

just checked in online on a computer today and again, I will just take all the docs to the ship at check-in and they can photo wha

Can you choose your embarkation time if you check in on the computer?
I remember being prompted to download the app last year to upload photos and to choose check in time.

it will certainly be one less hassle if I don’t have to upload vaccination proof.

46 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Did you use the app, or the Celebrity website?  I found that using the check-in on the app, that is where I was asked to upload my vaccination record card.  That request is no where to be found checking on on the Celebrity website, which is where I initially checked in.

I did check in on a computer but have just checked on the app but can’t see where I go to upload vaccine info 

Also when it asks for a photo of the front of your vaccination records does it mean the little card you got - I thought it would want the NHS app record? I didn’t get a card for my booster so what do I upload! 
Finding it all very confusing

37 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I remember being prompted to download the app last year to upload photos and to choose check in time.

it will certainly be one less hassle if I don’t have to upload vaccination proof.

Yes, you can choose embarkation time when you check in using a computer online.  No problem.  Just go to your res. online and click Check-In as soon as it's highlighted (starting 45 days in advance).    We don't own a smartphone, so we always show paper--Passport, original covid vaccination certificate, proof of negative covid test and express boarding pass--in paper form at check-in to the ship.  They photo whatever they need and I don't have to fool around and waste my time trying to download items that are stubborn about downloading. 

Ignore insistence that you HAVE to download the app, etc. and use it; it has never mattered at check-in.

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Like 1

Hi Minster

I've just done this myself this afternoon, via the Celebrity App.

You take a photo of your NHS Covid Travel pass which you download via the NHS App (not the NHS Covid App).  Its not the little cards we got originally (which are no longer being used in any case in the vacc centre I volunteer at)

Its in the check in section on the X app and asks you to take a photo of the second of your regular doses, then a photo of your booster.  

For back up, I am taking our printed NHS Travel passes as well....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, busymumofthree said:

Hi Minster

I've just done this myself this afternoon, via the Celebrity App.

You take a photo of your NHS Covid Travel pass which you download via the NHS App (not the NHS Covid App).  Its not the little cards we got originally (which are no longer being used in any case in the vacc centre I volunteer at)

Its in the check in section on the X app and asks you to take a photo of the second of your regular doses, then a photo of your booster.  

For back up, I am taking our printed NHS Travel passes as well....

So you have just taken a screen shot of the NHS covid  travel doc? But it’s 3 pages long (2 original jabs and 1 booster) have you uploaded all the 3 together or 3 separate ones? 

1 hour ago, minster123 said:

So you have just taken a screen shot of the NHS covid  travel doc? But it’s 3 pages long (2 original jabs and 1 booster) have you uploaded all the 3 together or 3 separate ones? 

Truly easier to just bring the paperwork with you to the pier.

We used "check in" on the App to load a security photo and our vaccination records. These were downloaded in our case from NHS UK. The app only allows you to upload three vaccination records. The initial two and one booster. We have had the second booster which we shall take in paper form.

We found that it took well over a week for the App to validate and accept the vaccination records, so as all things with Celebrity, the uncertainty, is another 5 minutes off your life !

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, minster123 said:

Yes I intend to do that as well but thought I needed to do it on the app now

We did it yesterday,  uploaded photos of vaccination cards for my vaccinations and booster and for DH photo of vaccination cards but nhs travel doc for booster as he didn’t have a card for his booster. Just waiting for validation. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

Yes, you can choose embarkation time when you check in using a computer online.  No problem.  Just go to your res. online and click Check-In as soon as it's highlighted (starting 45 days in advance).    We don't own a smartphone, so we always show paper--Passport, original covid vaccination certificate, proof of negative covid test and express boarding pass--in paper form at check-in to the ship.  They photo whatever they need and I don't have to fool around and waste my time trying to download items that are stubborn about downloading. 

Ignore insistence that you HAVE to download the app, etc. and use it; it has never mattered at check-in.

Thank you 🙏 

Celebrity changed someting in the online check-in process. The option to upload vaccination documents is now gone in the App and on the website. It was there before for our cruise and we uploaded everything some weeks ago. Vaccination documents have been checked and approved by Celebrity. Now it is all gone. Has anyone else noticed this and knows why?

It may well come back again. I uploaded the vaccination records for my husband and I this morning but when I went to upload our daughters records, the option had disappeared. I checked again a little while ago and the option was back again. So I uploaded hers whilst I could. 

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I got an email today asking to confirm our vaccination status. They asked if we were able to provide proof. I said yes, but they haven't asked for it.....yet.