Blue Iguana & Guy's

Wallbanger

OK I know it is a small thing, but on the Carnival Vista the Blue Iguana no longer provides taco shells for taco salad. I don't know if this is temporary or if it is limited to just this one ship, but I was not happy about it. By the way, as some have noted Guy's Burgers have also declined.  Seems to be something about a change in seasoning but it is just not as good as in the past.  

• Haha 1

I'm pretty certain it's fleet wide and John Heald has already said it should be temporary.

I don't know about the burgers, but I have seen that the fries are different which is sad. The fries were half the reason I went.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wallbanger said:

OK I know it is a small thing, but on the Carnival Vista the Blue Iguana no longer provides taco shells for taco salad. I don't know if this is temporary or if it is limited to just this one ship, but I was not happy about it. By the way, as some have noted Guy's Burgers have also declined.  Seems to be something about a change in seasoning but it is just not as good as in the past.  

On the Dream last month the shells were not available. My husband wasn't too happy about it but managed to eat his out of a bowl. I'm not happy to hear the Deli won't open until 2:30 - that was my go-to for lunch!

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Unfortunately, its a combination of supply issues (they can't get the shells) and staffing issues (can't get the visas). Hopefully its only temporary.

Chef's unable to make taco shells on the ship?  Just need a corn tortilla and a fryer. I'm pretty sure they have deep fryers in the kitchens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Unfortunately, its a combination of supply issues (they can't get the shells) and staffing issues (can't get the visas). Hopefully its only temporary.

What starts out as a supply issues continues as a cost savings. See it 1000 times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wallbanger said:

By the way, as some have noted Guy's Burgers have also declined.  Seems to be something about a change in seasoning but it is just not as good as in the past.  

I am still loving my Guy Burgers and the fries  but I was puzzled about the absence of mushrooms on the toppings bar on the Elation a couple weeks ago when I sailed.   I noticed too the french fry portion is paltry.  This is coming from someone who typically can't finish a portion of fries. 

• Haha 1