Transferring bookings

davecttr

Has anyone tried to transfer a booking for a 2023 departure? I had cruise from last January transferred to next January. The final balance had been paid but they allowed the transfer anyway. The Jan 23 cruise is fully paid for with a surplus of £365 which they should refund - eventually.

I have decided that I don't really want to cruise to the Med on Iona in January/February 🥶 and a April cruise on Ventura to the Canaries is a better option with plenty of cabin availability. It also gives a more balanced cruise schedule for me with a November/December this year and an April and July next year .

What was their 'old' transfer policy before COVID?                           

It wasn’t recent, but about 8 weeks ago I moved a week Caribbean cruise for February 2023 to a fly Med one for next April and a Canaries fly cruise for 2024. The two cruises came to the same price as the Caribbean one. No questions were asked and the transfer was nice and simple.

I thought previously, as long as the new cruise was more expensive than the current one they would happily do it. I think it did depend on who your TA was and who you spoke to at P&O whether they let you transfer it to a cheaper cruise without fees. I think we had done it before. 

• Thanks 1

About three weeks ago I transfered a 23 night cruise booked for January 2023 to a 14 night cruise in May 2023, without having to pay any extra. The 14 nighter costing considerably less than the 23 nights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen anywhere that the transfer policy has changed?  I thought you could still transfer to any cruise that was on sale.

This is from their website today.

If your holiday is unaffected by our latest pause but you would like to reschedule, you can take advantage of our free flexible transfer policy up to the date the balance for your holiday is due. This means that if you have a Select Price or Early Saver booking you can:

• Transfer your booking to any P&O Cruises holiday currently on sale (and not just to those within the next 12 months).
  • Transfer your booking to a cruise of higher or lower value (and not just of a higher value, as is usually the case).
  • Transfer your booking an unlimited number of times (and not just once).
  • Transfer your booking free of charge.

Should you wish to transfer your booking you should call our Customer Contact Centre or your travel agent if you booked with them.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is looking promising. I cancelled Iona G230 to Norway in September and have the funds to use elsewhere.

I have Iona G302 booked for the Canaries in January 14-28 and a transferred Iona cruise G303 immediately following to the Western Med, bad idea in winter but I managed to transfer after final payment and P&O have £2659 but I had to make the decision in minutes. This is the cruise that I want to transfer. To Arvia K308 to the western med just after the Easter hols, the weather should be better and there is lots of cabin availability. P&O would not be out of pocket because I will probably go on G302 to the Canaries as well.

Phew! confused? I am, paper everywhere 😵

I will try to transfer on Monday meanwhile I have lots of cabins to chose from, all balconies, select fare and no upgrade of course. High forward or mid-forward or right aft overlooking the wake. I will be 😵😵😵 by Monday

Edited by davecttr

16 hours ago, davecttr said:

16 October 2022 final payment date?

We will probably manage to miss each other for the whole fortnight 😁

That’s the one. 
It’ll probably take until disembarkation again 😁

• Haha 1

Transferred this Christmas 2022 on Arcadia to August 2023 on Aurora - which is much cheaper !

Very good p&o agent , no problems at all - cruise credit and extra onboard spend due to previous cancellation all added on.

We decided we would rather go on 2 cheaper cruises than the expensive Christmas one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Transferred this Christmas 2022 on Arcadia to August 2023 on Aurora - which is much cheaper !

Very good p&o agent , no problems at all - cruise credit and extra onboard spend due to previous cancellation all added on.

We decided we would rather go on 2 cheaper cruises than the expensive Christmas one.

Good to see you managed to get additional onboard credit. The cruise which I want to transfer to is cheaper and as I have already paid for the one I want to transfer, itself a transfer, the remaining money P&O have would be useful as OBC.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, davecttr said:

Has anyone tried to transfer a booking for a 2023 departure? I had cruise from last January transferred to next January. The final balance had been paid but they allowed the transfer anyway. The Jan 23 cruise is fully paid for with a surplus of £365 which they should refund - eventually.

I have decided that I don't really want to cruise to the Med on Iona in January/February 🥶 and a April cruise on Ventura to the Canaries is a better option with plenty of cabin availability. It also gives a more balanced cruise schedule for me with a November/December this year and an April and July next year .

What was their 'old' transfer policy before COVID?                           

We just moved a March 2023  cruise on Iona to the Fjords (after the current fiasco) to Sept. this year for the Britannia cruise to the Baltic. We will also be cancelling or changing a cruise in July on Iona to the Med.

• Like 1

It all went smoothly at 8.30 am this morning. I was through to an agent in a minute or so and my Iona late Jan 23 is now moved to Arvia late April. A refund of £261 is promised within 14 days and I have booked cabin 17219 which is to me like a mini suite for one passenger. With 7 sea days I will be spending lots of time on that wonderful balcony whale watching etc. Not bothered about being overlooked or shaded as I am not a sun lover and tend not to walk around in the noddy 😁

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It all went smoothly at 8.30 am this morning. I was through to an agent in a minute or so and my Iona late Jan 23 is now moved to Arvia late April. A refund of £261 is promised within 14 days and I have booked cabin 17219 which is to me like a mini suite for one passenger. With 7 sea days I will be spending lots of time on that wonderful balcony whale watching etc. Not bothered about being overlooked or shaded as I am not a sun lover and tend not to walk around in the noddy 😁

Glad to hear it went well Dave - I like lots of sea days and spending  time in the cabin and on the balcony as well.

I got through within 10 minutes to change mine. Very happy.

• Like 1