Can I cancel an excursion last minute?

I'm watching the weather forecast for Nassau as I'm booked on the VIP Blue Lagoon excursion next Tuesday. The tropical system should be out to sea by then, but the forecast is showing lots of rain and clouds that day. If I decide to cancel last minute, say the night before, will I receive on board ship credit as a refund? Or no refund at all? Can't find the answer to this question on RC website....

1 minute ago, cindyah88 said:

I'm watching the weather forecast for Nassau as I'm booked on the VIP Blue Lagoon excursion next Tuesday. The tropical system should be out to sea by then, but the forecast is showing lots of rain and clouds that day. If I decide to cancel last minute, say the night before, will I receive on board ship credit as a refund? Or no refund at all? Can't find the answer to this question on RC website....

Check the website but if I remember correctly,  48 hrs to cancel with refund.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cindyah88 said:

If it's that bad, a lot of times any water/beach type excursion might be cancelled for you.  We've had that happen in Nassau for a beach when we first started cruising.  All water and beach excursions were cancelled due to rain/wind/rough water.  But, you can't cancel last minute and get anything back.  If the excursion is cancelled by the vendor, then that's different and you will get refunded.  

• Like 2

We booked roatan excursion. When I booked we had a choice of two times and chose the earlier. Plus rain forecast 100%. They said too late to cancel and it was about 2 days before. I was so so, went in pouring rain. I didnt notice the time change until I looked at the ticket onboard, we never got notified. Onboard said they never changed times. ..let it go. 

I like excursions but sure enough it rained... cancel when you first board or they will say no. The more than 48 hours above is probably correct. Roatan was my first stop so was already too late when I boarded. I'm sure the time I booked was on email, but didnt have wifi turned on. Another cabin, a friends also asked about cancelling and was told no. 

57 minutes ago, cindyah88 said:

It really varies. A couple who sat next to us had a all inclusive resort booked. It also wasnt cancelled. So they went. Sat under a overhang and ate and drank. ..but having a excursion at a pool in a tropical downpour .. but wasnt a ocean type excursion just at a pool.

I was recently on Wonder and we went to Honduras. We had a beach excursion and the forecast was for rain. I was told on board that if RC didn't cancel and we did we would get refunded (OBC) within 24 hours. We did cancel the day before the excursion and we instantly had the money refunded to our OBC account.

The one time I tried to cancel when I was onboard I was told I was too late as they require 48 hours notice. I told the Shorex dept that I still wanted to cancel as I didn't want the others to be waiting around for two people who were never going to show up.

• Like 1