Port Arrival Time

OK, snagged an 11AM boarding time.  What time should we plan on arriving at the port?  There are six of us (with luggage), Port Canaveral, Mariner OTS, using a private shuttle.  I'm guessing between 1030-1045 to get luggage dropped off with the porters before going to the terminal?  

TIA.

Unfortunately port canaveral has been a mess. Doesn’t matter what time you have because they are not checking and only a few people are handling the test results to get in. Therefore people have been waiting outside for over an hour. 

32 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

OK, snagged an 11AM boarding time.  What time should we plan on arriving at the port?  There are six of us (with luggage), Port Canaveral, Mariner OTS, using a private shuttle.  I'm guessing between 1030-1045 to get luggage dropped off with the porters before going to the terminal?  

TIA.

Mariner will be docked at Terminal 5, and there may also be a Carnival ship docked at Terminal 6. Both terminals share a single parking garage and the same two lane access road, so expect delays in luggage drop off and parking if there is another ship in at terminal 6.

10 minutes ago, renza said:

Unfortunately port canaveral has been a mess. Doesn’t matter what time you have because they are not checking and only a few people are handling the test results to get in. Therefore people have been waiting outside for over an hour. 

Mariner no longer docks at Terminal 1, so your experience at Terminal 1may not be relevant to someone boarding a ship on the opposite end of the port.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, renza said:

Agree 100 percent. I have been on five cruises this year. The first  four were out of Port Everglades and Port Miami. Both of these ports strictly enforced arrival times with multiple lines outside separating everyone based on their arrival time. If you showed up during your arrival window you literally never stopped walking from the time you parked until you were on the ship. 

When I sailed on Harmony recently, the terminal was a joke. They didn’t enforce arrival times and there was a ridiculously long line outside. I showed up during my arrival window but still waited in line outside for 75 minutes. I plan to avoid sailing out of Port Canaveral for the forseeable future. 

7 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

This is all that's showing:

image.png.c4b6bbd6382f30e86b3214273357491c.png

So, any advice on what time to show up (which of course affects our pick up time in Orlando)?

Thanks

We are on the cruise before yours, and plan on being at the port a half hour before our scheduled arrival time.

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When I sailed on Harmony recently, the terminal was a joke. They didn’t enforce arrival times and there was a ridiculously long line outside. I showed up during my arrival window but still waited in line outside for 75 minutes.

And yet on the 10 cruises we have taken out of PC since the restart we have neither seen nor experienced this type of mayhem. What we have seen, however is people trying to bluster their way into a line even though their scheduled arrival time was more than an hour away. If enough self-entitled idiots decide that the structure in place does not apply to them then good luck to those who try to do what's expected.

• Like 2

I'm sailing on Mariner in July. I'm hoping it's a better experience than Harmony 3 weeks ago. I figure it can't be worse. LOL. I'm going in with low expectations, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.  The only Carnival ship that day is Mardi Gras, so Terminal 6 should be empty. 

21 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And yet on the 10 cruises we have taken out of PC since the restart we have neither seen nor experienced this type of mayhem. What we have seen, however is people trying to bluster their way into a line even though their scheduled arrival time was more than an hour away. If enough self-entitled idiots decide that the structure in place does not apply to them then good luck to those who try to do what's expected.

I sailed out of Port Canaveral a couple of times last Fall and they didn’t enforce arrival times then either. However, that was when passenger capacity was much lower so it didn’t matter. Back then they weren’t enforcing arrival times at Port Everglades or Port Miami. However, it appears the later two ports have adjusted to the increasing capacities while Port Canaveral is still not enforcing arrival times. 

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I sailed out of Port Canaveral a couple of times last Fall and they didn’t enforce arrival times then either.

We sailed out of PC last August, October, November, and this January, February and April, and the arrival times queues were both in place and staff was attempting to mange all of them. That didn't stop the cluster of idiots who still tried to jump the queues. My best guess is that port staff are simply being overwhelmed by people who only care about themselves and that the rest of the world can go pound salt if they don't like it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We sailed out of PC last August, October, November, and this January, February and April, and the arrival times queues were both in place and staff was attempting to mange all of them. That didn't stop the cluster of idiots who still tried to jump the queues. My best guess is that port staff are simply being overwhelmed by people who only care about themselves and that the rest of the world can go pound salt if they don't like it.

I don’t know what the issue is with the staff at Port Canaveral, but the staff at other ports don’t have a problem enforcing arrival times.