Coco cay & beach towels

We sail on Symphony (fingers crossed no storms) 6/11.  Can anyone tell me if we have to take beach towels from the ship or are there towel stations

on the island >?  We have thrill waterpark booked, so that's where we will go first.

Thanks.

There are towel stations, but it is recommended to take them from the ship, as there may be limited inventory of clean towels on the island.

I have exchanged towels and returned towels on the island.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

The towel huts are for exchange only.  They don't want to keep track of check in and out.  Check out pool towels the night before.  Only folks in cabanas get towels on island.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

The towel huts are for exchange only.  They don't want to keep track of check in and out.  Check out pool towels the night before.  Only folks in cabanas get towels on island.

Not true. I have been to Coco Cay three times in the last 6 weeks. We got towels from the towel stations on the island and turned in the towels on the island before heading back to the ship. Additionally, I have been to Coco Cay 8 times since cruising resumed last year and we always got towels on the island. This was the same way pre-COVID too.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Not true. I have been to Coco Cay three times in the last 6 weeks. We got towels from the towel stations on the island and turned in the towels on the island before heading back to the ship. Additionally, I have been to Coco Cay 8 times since cruising resumed last year and we always got towels on the island. This was the same way pre-COVID too.  

Very good to know.  Appreciate your response.

hmm well I think having to check out towels with seapass card is silly.

On NCL ya get a towel in your room at the beginning of the cruise and as long as you swap out and then leave a towel when you check out, you will not be charged.  They let the room steward monitor the towels.

Then again I have solved this by bringing my own oversized large colorful towel from home.

• Like 1