Carnival Shore Excursions Phone Support

groundloop

Is there anyone at Carnival who can answer specific detailed questions about shore excursions?  I've been searching for a phone support number and all I can come up with is a number to call if I need help with how to purchase excursions on the website.  Of course I could call that number, sit on hold for who knows how long only to be told they can't help me, so instead of that frustration I figured I'd see if anyone has been through this lately.

(My dilemma is that of the exact timing of an excursion, I'm trying to fit two excursions into one stop in Maui on our September cruise to Hawaii.  In the description online it says the first excursion departs at 8:30 AM and lasts 6 hours. That should have us back at the ship at 2:30 PM which should be adequate time to get ready for the second excursion which starts at 4:00 PM.  In the order acknowledgement in my itinerary it shows the first excursion ending at 3:30 PM, and if that's correct I'm not comfortable trying to cut it that close. )

Edited by groundloop

• groundloop changed the title to Carnival Shore Excursions Phone Support

Murphy's law, if something can go wrong, it will. What happens if for some reason the first excursion has a delay? We've also been on excursions that were late coming back for one reason or another. Just sayin'.

i have been on excursions that said 2 hours in the description when in reality it took about 3 hours due to the tour operator taking their time with everyone like slightly longer photo stops

I've been on enough excursions that I'm fairly comfortable with a 1 1/2 hour window, but definitely not just 30 minutes.  That's why I'd like to talk to a real live person to get clarification as to why there's a discrepancy between the excursion description and what shows up in my itinerary.  

Also, instead of a PVP I use a travel agent most of the time - they bribe me with extra OBC (in this case the travel agent is giving me $525 OBC).

In any case - does anyone know if there's someone at Carnival who can answer specific questions about excursions?  It kind of sounds like there's not, at least for now.

Edited by groundloop

From Carnival.com: 

Where can I address questions regarding the operation of an excursion?
If you have an operational question about an excursion or you need additional information, please send an e-mail to shoreexcursions@carnival.com. Every effort will be made to provide you with feedback within 48-72 hours, with those queries requiring additional specific research possibly taking longer. Please be sure to include your ship and sail date in the subject line. And be sure to include any other specific information such as port name and exact excursion name in all correspondence.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I've been on enough excursions that I'm fairly comfortable with a 1 1/2 hour window, but definitely not just 30 minutes.  That's why I'd like to talk to a real live person to get clarification as to why there's a discrepancy between the excursion description and what shows up in my itinerary.  

Also, instead of a PVP I use a travel agent most of the time - they bribe me with extra OBC (in this case the travel agent is giving me $525 OBC).

In any case - does anyone know if there's someone at Carnival who can answer specific questions about excursions?  It kind of sounds like there's not, at least for now.

Let your TA do their job and sit on hold with Carnival to ask about the discrepancy.

Personally I would pick the excursion that is most important to me and arrange any others once on the ship. Things might still go south, but you will have the best information available.

• Like 1

Maybe look on the Carnival website at the various reviews that have been left for the excursion. I can't remember, but you might be able to even ask questions to the reviewer. But you also might find some reviews left that talk about the timing.

I believe they used to be able to answer questions like that when you called the people who sold the excursions. IIRC, we were once told not to book a specific afternoon excursion if we booked the morning excursion we intended to book. Now, who knows with the level of customer support that seems to be the new norm.

And as others have said, sometimes things happen and excursions can run late when they normally do  not. So even if you were told correctly that the excursion runs on time, there can be no guarantee.