Back to normality - Arosa scraps "2G" vaccination or proof of recovery

notamermaid

As of 4 June Arosa as a company does not require proof of vaccination or recovery anymore. But regulations of various countries still need to be adhered to so the Douro still cannot be sailed by those who do not meet the requirements. Here are the details: https://www.arosa-*****/river-cruises/company/current-travel-information.html

I am a little surprised they have taken that step now, I expected it later in the year. But from an economic point of view it makes sense to do this sooner rather than later. A test instead of vaccination or recovery would have the same effect of opening up the booking to everyone but with all regulations scrapped in Germany (more or less) the consumer is probably more content with having a completely open and normal river cruise...

A couple of weeks ago I saw that another European company (small one that charters ships) had moved to "3G". Cannot remember the name.

Question is whether and when international river cruise companies will follow suit.

notamermaid

4 hours ago, notamermaid said:

Question is whether and when international river cruise companies will follow suit.

I think as long as their major market is Americans who need a negative test to return home, that they are leery of scaring off that market by being wide open. 

46 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I think as long as their major market is Americans who need a negative test to return home, that they are leery of scaring off that market by being wide open. 

Yes, although I disagree that it is a matter of being “scared”.

I am unlikely to travel in a group or on a cruise that is anything goes with regard to unvaxxed or untested fellow travelers.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 9:20 PM, notamermaid said:

A couple of weeks ago I saw that another European company (small one that charters ships) had moved to "3G". Cannot remember the name.

Remember now. It is regina river cruises and they, according to a river cruise blog, now are also back to normal without any restrictions.

notamermaid

On 6/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, gnome12 said:

The US dropped their covid test requirement to enter by air.  They still require vax if not a US citizen.

• 1 month later...