Is the Ncl Joy room 8146 an angled balcony?

umpisoccer

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 5:17 PM, jdd said:

Yes it is.  We just stayed in 8746 and it was a large angled balcony with 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.

Hi. 

Do you happen to remember if the balcony to the right of you (when you were out on the balcony) was also angled? Im in 8748, cat BF, and hoping it is a little larger. 

Did you have any issues with noise or smoke or anything? We are in our mid/upper 50s but lime to have fun amd be out at the bars at night and thought Deck 8 may be fun. We usually sail in Haven but booked a regular balcony and just purchased Vibe passes for July 2023. 

Thank you so much for any information you can give me. 

On 6/8/2022 at 3:17 PM, jdd said:

Yes it is.  We just stayed in 8746 and it was a large angled balcony with 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.

So excited to see this!   We were hoping to confirm the balcony could hold loungers.

We were assigned  cabin 8746 as our 'one-time Diamond upgrade' for our Joy cruise next April.  It shows as category MC on our confirmation, but I could see it was probably a 'secret' large balcony.   (Similar ones on Encore & Bliss were confirmed by cruiser videos.)

Thanks for confirming 😊

44 minutes ago, js said:

Hi. 

Do you happen to remember if the balcony to the right of you (when you were out on the balcony) was also angled? Im in 8748, cat BF, and hoping it is a little larger. 

Did you have any issues with noise or smoke or anything? We are in our mid/upper 50s but lime to have fun amd be out at the bars at night and thought Deck 8 may be fun. We usually sail in Haven but booked a regular balcony and just purchased Vibe passes for July 2023. 

We were in the comparable cabin, 8738 on the Bliss, in Feb and have 8748 on the Joy coming up in Sept. The balcony is HUGE and would book it any time it's available!  Space for 2 loungers, a table and chairs...a far cry from the standard BF balcony and for the lowest price.  Quick trip to get to the District Brew House and the waterfront. Yes, it is close to the theater, but we did not have any issues with noise.  We booked this one over 8148 as we were more worried about noise from District Brew House. 

23 minutes ago, Indyopie said:

We were in the comparable cabin, 8738 on the Bliss, in Feb and have 8748 on the Joy coming up in Sept. The balcony is HUGE and would book it any time it's available!  Space for 2 loungers, a table and chairs...a far cry from the standard BF balcony and for the lowest price.  Quick trip to get to the District Brew House and the waterfront. Yes, it is close to the theater, but we did not have any issues with noise.  We booked this one over 8148 as we were more worried about noise from District Brew House. 

Thank you! Would you please try to remember to come back and post about the cabin? We will be at the Vibe during the day, out at night but not sure what time the theatre will do rehersals, shows, etc. I wonder if "our" balcony will also have loungers.  

Enjoy your trip!

Just now, js said:

Thank you! Would you please try to remember to come back and post about the cabin? We will be at the Vibe during the day, out at night but not sure what time the theatre will do rehersals, shows, etc. I wonder if "our" balcony will also have loungers.  

Enjoy your trip!

I will try and remember to report back!  When are you going?  Shows are typically 730p and 10p. I don't recall hearing rehearsals when on the Bliss as we were often out and about during the day. "Six" shows were canceled on Breakaway 2 weeks ago so who knows how many shows they will even have. If you don't have loungers, and most will, just ask your cabin steward.  So happy to see they now offer Vibe prior to sailing, enjoy!

11 hours ago, js said:

Hi. 

We have stayed in this area on both the Escape and Getaway and have never had any noise issues.   We will be staying in it again on the Joy in June 2024 and I am not concerned at all about any noise issues from the theatre.    We actually have five cabins going forward starting with 8146.   It really is a great location being close to both the waterfront (morning coffee and pastries available) and the District Brew House.    And we also appreciate the larger bathroom and balcony.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indyopie said:

I will try and remember to report back!  When are you going?  Shows are typically 730p and 10p. I don't recall hearing rehearsals when on the Bliss as we were often out and about during the day. "Six" shows were canceled on Breakaway 2 weeks ago so who knows how many shows they will even have. If you don't have loungers, and most will, just ask your cabin steward.  So happy to see they now offer Vibe prior to sailing, enjoy!

Thank you. I am not going until July 2023. So I will wait for you to report back about the theater LOL

I sure hope I am up and about at 7:30 and 10 pm LOL Yes, we will be out during the day.

We usually come back, nap, shower and then back out for the night. On vacation, I usually sleep until 7-9 am.

Please take pictures and enjoy! My dh and I were just talking about we look forward to being able to cruise in off season, such as September. My dh needs to stick to the school calendar but we only have 4-5 years left and then I will plan September and January cruises, not in the summer LOL

8 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

We have stayed in this area on both the Escape and Getaway and have never had any noise issues.   We will be staying in it again on the Joy in June 2024 and I am not concerned at all about any noise issues from the theatre.    We actually have five cabins going forward starting with 8146.   It really is a great location being close to both the waterfront (morning coffee and pastries available) and the District Brew House.    And we also appreciate the larger bathroom and balcony.

I do not have a larger cabin/bathroom. I have a "regular" BF category but I do see your cabins are

right by "my" cabin LOL I think it will be nice to be on Deck 8 and stroll out. However, we will also be at Vibe during the day so if this cabin happens to get bad reviews with noise, I will move us higher (which we usually are).

Are lifeboats a problem on Deck 8 of the Joy? Can we look straight down?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Embecca said:

We're in 8148 on the Joy 10/29/22 - happy to hear about the larger balcony!  I'll try to come back and report on noise levels after we cruise.

Hi. I am booked in the same cabin across the hall for July 2023. THANK YOU very much for coming back here in October and reporting about the cabin and balcony.

I hope you have an amazing cruise!

• Like 1

We are booked in 8130 on the Joy for next March. Can't wait! There are some videos on YouTube of these same cabin categories on the Joy, Bliss and Escape (the cabins & balconies look nearly identical on all 3 ships), so these videos can give you a good idea of what to expect in these cabins.

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:18 PM, Indyopie said:

Welcome back! How was your cruise and can you please tell me about Joy cabin 8748. I have the same cabin for July and wanted to know if you would have booked again with the balcony, proximity to bars/restaurants and noise levels.

Thank you very much!

On 10/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, js said:

Welcome back! How was your cruise and can you please tell me about Joy cabin 8748. I have the same cabin for July and wanted to know if you would have booked again with the balcony, proximity to bars/restaurants and noise levels.

Thank you very much!

@jsCruise was great and would definitely book the same cabin again! Loved being close to the waterfront, restaurants, and steps away from the DBH (spent a lot of time there with the fantastic bar staff!). Didn't get a lot of opportunity to use the huge balcony (2 loungers, bigger table with chairs) d/t cooler temps but will be great for you in July. We hate fighting the chair hogs and don't have to with a balcony this large. I have a couple of pictures if that would be helpful. Full disclosure, there was some "bass" noise from the theater shows at 7p and 930p, but we were either in and out of the cabin during those times or just reading so wasn't a big deal for us. Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

On 10/29/2022 at 12:17 PM, Indyopie said:

@jsCruise was great and would definitely book the same cabin again! Loved being close to the waterfront, restaurants, and steps away from the DBH (spent a lot of time there with the fantastic bar staff!). Didn't get a lot of opportunity to use the huge balcony (2 loungers, bigger table with chairs) d/t cooler temps but will be great for you in July. We hate fighting the chair hogs and don't have to with a balcony this large. I have a couple of pictures if that would be helpful. Full disclosure, there was some "bass" noise from the theater shows at 7p and 930p, but we were either in and out of the cabin during those times or just reading so wasn't a big deal for us. Hope you enjoy your cruise! 

I would love to see some pictures of 8748. I have that cabin booked for 11/12. 

On 10/29/2022 at 12:17 PM, Indyopie said:

Thank you sooo much! Im so happy you enjoyed your cruise! I would LOVE to see pictures. Thank you so much!

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, js said:

Just following up to see if anyone has stayed in Joy cabin 8748.

Is the balcony angled?

I have it booked for July.

Thank you.

The picture I posted above in post #20 is 8748 on the Joy. It is angled.

Edited by Indyopie
Was post 20, not 21
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Indyopie said:

The picture I posted above in post #20 is 8748 on the Joy. It is angled.

THANK YOU!

I wasn't sure if that was the actual cabin! I so appreciate your posting the picture and coming back to reconfirm with me!

Cannot wait!