Payment for Excursions

I think I know the answer but decided I should ask the question here and tap into a more knowledgeable group of cruisers.....I have $200 OBC on my  Pacific Explorer cruise in Sept.  I wish to book an excursion now and use my OBC but it is requesting payment by credit/ debit card.   Is there anyway I can circumvent this payment method?  I believe I will probably have to book when I board the ship and use my OBC then.  Any advice welcome. 

• Like 1

Same applies for P&O. 

We usually wait to book once aboard, as that was the only way when we first cruised.

PS: I would rather pay for the tour up to 55 days after taking it, not 90 days ahead.

Edited by arxcards
PS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CCC's said:

I think I know the answer but decided I should ask the question here and tap into a more knowledgeable group of cruisers.....I have $200 OBC on my  Pacific Explorer cruise in Sept.  I wish to book an excursion now and use my OBC but it is requesting payment by credit/ debit card.   Is there anyway I can circumvent this payment method?  I believe I will probably have to book when I board the ship and use my OBC then.  Any advice welcome. 

Not sure if you booked through PvP but ours just told me today that if I want to book excursions through him he can apply it to use our obc. He has done this for many in our group doing nz in Feb 23 too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Not sure if you booked through PvP but ours just told me today that if I want to book excursions through him he can apply it to use our obc. He has done this for many in our group doing nz in Feb 23 too

It will be on Pacific Explorer.   I am not sure what is a PvP?  How would I contact one ??

27 minutes ago, CCC's said:

It will be on Pacific Explorer.   I am not sure what is a PvP?  How would I contact one ??

PVP is a Princess Vacation Planner - don't think P&O have them (Pacific Explorer)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

PVP is a Princess Vacation Planner - don't think P&O have them (Pacific Explorer)

P&O does have their own group of vacation planner as I have one.... But one probably has to call to get a PvP assigned

Michael

• Like 1

Hi, I have an upcoming cruise with Princess and some on board credit. There's a tour I would like to do and apply the OBC. I haven't booked it yet but have tested the on-line system to see if it gets applied and yes it does. After a couple of pay now screens one comes up with a check box "apply OBC" which defaulted to checked for each of us and reduced the tour cost. So perhaps you could test the system before you get to putting credit card details in and see if P&O works the same  🛳  🤗

• Like 1

We cruised on the Emerald Princess in May. And YES, I was able to use OBC to book excursions, way in advance of the cruise.  Easy peasy... I just called Princess.

However, it may work differently with the Pacific Explorer.

Edited by nini
  • Like 1