I think this is allowed

I am very much looking forward to my first cruise with Carnival. I am sailing on Carnival Pride from UK, and driving to the port. Please could I ask. I intend to use the gym each afternoon. I was hoping to take a tub of protein powder. I think that if it is sealed, then I will be fine to take on the ship. I would pack it in my checked baggage.

Please could I ask if I am reading the prohibited items list correctly.

Thank you in advance, Stephen.  

9 minutes ago, stephen@stoneyard.co.uk said:

I am very much looking forward to my first cruise with Carnival. I am sailing on Carnival Pride from UK, and driving to the port. Please could I ask. I intend to use the gym each afternoon. I was hoping to take a tub of protein powder. I think that if it is sealed, then I will be fine to take on the ship. I would pack it in my checked baggage.

Please could I ask if I am reading the prohibited items list correctly.

Thank you in advance, Stephen.  

From another Stephen.

Not a prohibited item.  Not a liquid.  If you can find a smaller tub size that would probably be adequate for a week  on a cruise.  You should also be able to take a plastic container with a tight lid.  Suggest you have this in carry-on so as to not have it go missing.  Additionally, cruise ships have lots of protein food choices, so no real shortages. 

From another Stephen.

You can take the protein powder.. but like crewsweeper mentioned you could also just order two steaks at dinner.  Or order 2-3 appetizers of shrimp.  Natural protein is way better then the powder protein.  At least it tastest better. 

2 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

You can take the protein powder.. but like crewsweeper mentioned you could also just order two steaks at dinner.  Or order 2-3 appetizers of shrimp.  Natural protein is way better then the powder protein.  At least it tastest better. 

Another "expert" heard from. You think the OP may be better suited to choose what they are doing and why? SMH

4 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

Maybe they could make protein flavors of one's choosing : steak, shrimp, chicken, salmon!😄

5 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

Actually, incorrect. Whey protein powder has a bioavailability of over 90%. 

https://www.phd.com/perform-smart/protein-bioavailability/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Edited by pc_load_letter

45 minutes ago, urbanhawk said:

Maybe they could make protein flavors of one's choosing : steak, shrimp, chicken, salmon!😄

They do! I have taken a protein powder that was not dairy based and it derived it's protein source from salmon, beef and chicken. 

Whole Food Protein Blend (Beef Protein, Salmon Protein, Chicken Protein, Egg Albumin, Rice Protein, Pea Protein), Whole Milk Powder (for texture), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Edited by pc_load_letter

2 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

They do! I have taken a protein powder that was not dairy based and it derived it's protein source from salmon, beef and chicken. It's called MRE meal replacement. Ingrediants are...

Whole Food Protein Blend (Beef Protein, Salmon Protein, Chicken Protein, Egg Albumin, Rice Protein, Pea Protein), Whole Milk Powder (for texture), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Who would thunk?! I had no idea. I think I'll continue with steak!

Just another Stephen (AZ)  

Thank you for the information.  It is just what I needed to know. It will be fine. The tub will be sealed when I board. I will take a shaker and scoop too. 

I will also get a good amount of protein from the steaks, chicken, fish and eggs served on the ship. My personal trainer has set me a high protein target which is hard to meet with just normal foods.  Particularly as I watch fat and salt too. 

Thank you again, Stephen. 

• Like 3