Beverage Package - Classic,to,Premium Upgrade

CyberTag

We were going to wait until we were on board to upgrade to premium, but now we're thinking we should do it soon just incase they increase prices again between now and September. 

Anyone know roughly how long after making final payment (last week for us) the prices online will update to show that you already have the classic package as it currently shows the premium drinks package is £80.01 pppd. 

I really don't want to have to spend upwards of an hour on hold on the phone with them to make this change! 

Just now, OysterD said:

We were going to wait until we were on board to upgrade to premium, but now we're thinking we should do it soon just incase they increase prices again between now and September. 

Anyone know roughly how long after making final payment (last week for us) the prices online will update to show that you already have the classic package as it currently shows the premium drinks package is £80.01 pppd. 

I really don't want to have to spend upwards of an hour on hold on the phone with them to make this change! 

The only reason that you can't see the upgrade prices is because your 'inclusive' benefits have not yet been unbundled.

If you can spend the time to get through to a CS agent they can do that for you now and you will then see the upgrade options...

4 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

The only reason that you can't see the upgrade prices is because your 'inclusive' benefits have not yet been unbundled.

If you can spend the time to get through to a CS agent they can do that for you now and you will then see the upgrade options...

Thanks for that. Do you know if that will happen automatically at some point or do you have to call for someone to manually do it? 

I had to call them a couple weeks ago and was on hold for 90 mins before someone picked up!

Just now, OysterD said:

Thanks for that. Do you know if that will happen automatically at some point or do you have to call for someone to manually do it? 

I had to call them a couple weeks ago and was on hold for 90 mins before someone picked up!

I will eventually happen automatically between final payment and boarding, but with things as busy as they are, if you are already past final payment I'd be inclined to make the call...

• Thanks 1

The Captains Club discount doesn’t get applied if you upgrade through the Cruise Planner.  To have the discount applied you have to call and purchase the upgrade, same with the discount to upgrade the wi-fi package.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I will eventually happen automatically between final payment and boarding, but with things as busy as they are, if you are already past final payment I'd be inclined to make the call...

We sail in 2 weeks and it never happened for us.  Had to call and stay on hold forever! 

6 hours ago, CyberTag said:

We sail in 2 weeks and it never happened for us.  Had to call and stay on hold forever! 

It does seem crazy, but they still insist it would have happened at some point in those last two weeks before boarding.

I don't bother waiting these days, but with phone queues as they are it is crazy that it is something we have to waste time doing.

Does anyone know if one can upgrade from classic beverage package to the premium beverage package mid-cruise. I'm doing an 8 night cruise and would like to upgrade onboard for the last three nights only if possible (and only pay for the upgrade the last three nights).