eMed - two on the line?

oracer

Just got our 6 pack delivered and won't open until 2 days from cruise. Question is that we have 4 of the 6 in the same house, can we do 2 on each iPhone or have to do each separately on the iPhone?

You can't do two simultaneously on the same device, if that's what you're asking. My husband used my phone, but I did my test first and then he logged in using his credentials and did his test.

Edited by LisaLisa87

45 minutes ago, oracer said:

Just got our 6 pack delivered and won't open until 2 days from cruise. Question is that we have 4 of the 6 in the same house, can we do 2 on each iPhone or have to do each separately on the iPhone?

we have always done it as two separate sessions. We have one eMed and NAVICA account with two different profiles on the single account. 

and don't just wait until 2 days before to open the box containing the test, wait until you're on the session and they tell you to open it!

I suggest getting the app installed and set up NOW.  Also - the profile will ask for first name and last name with no option for middle name, if your travel documents have the passenger's middle name (as mine did) they suggest that the middle name be included in the profile so as to avoid any possibility of an issue.  Put that middle name in the line with the first name.

Agree with all of the advice above. Setting up the accounts is a bit time consuming the first time through.

And, speaking as someone who just finished quarantine in Italy for a failed preflight home test—take a bunch of over the counter home tests with you in addition to the emed. It’s much better to know the result yourself before you get an “official” result. 

You can open the box containing the kits, you just can't open the individual test kits. I opened my box when I received it to make sure I had the right tests and that none of them were expired. I agree with the advice to set up the accounts in advance. Keep in mind that you'll need both a Navica (app) account and an eMed account if you're using a mobile device for the testing.

5 minutes ago, oracer said:

So I can open the individual boxes or is the date inside the boxes?

No, you can't open the box containing the test until you're on the call with them.  The expiration should be on the outside of the test box, and they will confirm that the test is not expired prior to having you break the seal on the test box.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

Can someone link me the 6 pack for eMed please? The link from NCL goes to an Optum website and only has a 2 pack and if I go on the eMed site, the 6 pack shows for International travel.

That's fine. They are proctored tests. At one point in time, eMed only sold 5 kits at a time. And you would have to use the cruise ship link to get a smaller quantity. NCL only has 2-kit purchased. If you follow the Royal Caribbean link, you can get 3 kits. 

• Like 1

I know this is probably a silly question but going to ask anyway 😬

All the instructions say to not open the box or the test kits are void, I just want to make sure and ask, can I open the big box they were shipped in to make sure the full order is there?

My test kits were shipped overnight, and I should have gotten them on the 6th, I keep getting delayed shipping notices from Federal Express and am now supposed to get them today 🤞, I really hope the kits will not be affected by the heat 

15 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

All the instructions say to not open the box or the test kits are void, I just want to make sure and ask, can I open the big box they were shipped in to make sure the full order is there?

Inside the big box are the boxes containing the test kits, each is sealed individually.  THAT seal is the one they want to verify the integrity of.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

Inside the big box are the boxes containing the test kits, each is sealed individually.  THAT seal is the one they want to verify the integrity of.

Thank you!  That is what I thought but I didn't want to take the chance of screwing it up.